Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Schematics for equalizer with knobs?

For general discussion related FlowStone

Schematics for equalizer with knobs?

Postby draupnir » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:18 am

Hi!
My first post, so I apologize if this is wrong place to post!

I have done some searching on the forum and opened my trial version of Flowstone, but I can't find a schematic for an ordinary Equalizer with 3-4 bands. Is there some example schematics I could download to see how they are build?

However I found a schematic for a parametric eq with a GUI, but I want a simple EQ with traditional knobs first!

Can anybody point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!
draupnir

Re: Schematics for equalizer with knobs?

Postby KG_is_back » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:06 pm

Hello and welcome!

Here, have a look at this schematic. I've made it really quick, so it's not really fancy or anything - just default knobs and RBJ filters.
Attachments
KNOB_EQ.fsm
(1.33 MiB) Downloaded 977 times
KG_is_back

Postby draupnir » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:03 pm

KG_is_back wrote:Hello and welcome!

Here, have a look at this schematic. I've made it really quick, so it's not really fancy or anything - just default knobs and RBJ filters.

- Thanks a lot KG_is_back! I'll have a look at it and see if I can understand the logic.

Just a short question: I can see that the frequency knobs all go from 20 Hz to 20 kHz. And opening the schematics, I reckon that I can just choose another starting point and ending point. So far so good, but let's say I want to build an EQ with set values, for example 5 different frequency values like 60, 80, 110, 160, 240 and use a vertical slider with these values on the left side. How do I do this? I reckon I can substitute the knob with a slider, but how do I "cut out" some specific frequency points, so to speak?
draupnir

Postby martinvicanek » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:39 pm

That would be a graphic EQ, like this?
Attachments
GraphicEQ.fsm
(67.79 KiB) Downloaded 1021 times
martinvicanek

Postby draupnir » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:54 pm

martinvicanek wrote:That would be a graphic EQ, like this?

Wow, what a helpful community! Thanks for chiming in, martinviacanek!

I probably described my eq-project a little vague. What I meant was having one vertical slider with 5 set values on that slider, i.e. one slider that starts with frequency 60, then 80 etc (60, 80, 110, 160, 240). Actually I have three of those sliders with 5 different values. But if I see how you make one slider, I can probably just copy that one and fill in the other frequencies?

However, very nice addition with that transfer function, showing the frequency visually!

Question: For some reason the export function Schematic > Create VST/VSTi is greyed out. Why is that? (My trial version is still running!). And there is no problem exporting the KNOB_EQ.fsm from KG_is_back as a VST.
draupnir

Postby martinvicanek » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:58 am

Perhaps you want radio buttons for the frequency selection then? You could also take a slider and modify the proprties so it will be quantized to 5 values. Those values will have equal spacing, though. If you want it to snap to other values you could use some mapping.
martinvicanek

Postby draupnir » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:30 am

Hi again! Yes, radiobuttons is probably a better solution! But the slider solution has partly something to do with that I want a kind of an old school look/feel of the EQ. I reckon I can change the skin of the slider to give it another look?

Can I ask you to show me how this is done (not the gui-thing, I can search this forum for that) but both of your suggestions, or perhaps that's too much to ask for? Being a newbie, it's hard to know how complicated things are, so sorry if this is an inappropriate request!
draupnir

Postby martinvicanek » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:02 am

No problem, check this out. You can change the look, yes. Sometimes, like in the slider case, it is just a matter of replacing a bitmap (and fiddling around to position it properly). In other cases a user control may be based on vector graphics, then you have to find your way through the schematic, although some parameters like color or line thickness may be easily accessible.
Attachments
GraphicEQ2.fsm
(33.35 KiB) Downloaded 1060 times
martinvicanek

Postby draupnir » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:23 am

martinvicanek wrote:No problem, check this out. You can change the look, yes. Sometimes, like in the slider case, it is just a matter of replacing a bitmap (and fiddling around to position it properly). In other cases a user control may be based on vector graphics, then you have to find your way through the schematic, although some parameters like color or line thickness may be easily accessible.

- Thanks a lot martinvicanek! Now I have the foundation, I think, so I'll have to have a closer look at how these things are put together :D
draupnir

Return to General