Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Slider for equalizer question.

For general discussion related FlowStone

Slider for equalizer question.

Postby digital coconut » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:54 pm

Please noble colleagues, I am having trouble loading an animated bitmap from a slider.
I use FS4 and it is not allowed to post the diagram, but I bring the photo of the slider.
The only slider I have is the one in the photo, but I wanted a slider with a "real" appearance ... I use the knobman for knobs but I don't know the mechanism for how to load the animated png of a slider in this example that I have because I want to do this in an equalizer with multiple bands.
Thank you honorable friends. :?
Attachments
SLIDER EXAMPLE.JPG
slider picture jpg
SLIDER EXAMPLE.JPG (21.78 KiB) Viewed 9167 times
digital coconut

Re: Slider for equalizer question.

Postby Spogg » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:25 am

This slider doesn’t use an animated bitmap. It’s a single image and the Ruby code determines where the slider is drawn as a vertical displacement. The slot line is static.

You could load any single static image to replace the stock one of course. This slider's "handle" uses an image 22 wide by 44 pixels high.
Spogg

Postby RJHollins » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:30 am

If you go to the KnobMan Gallery ... you'll find multiple examples of Sliders of all kinds.

There is an 'on-line' version of KM that lets you load in an example, and see all the elements and settings creating it.

Very educational.
RJHollins

Postby DaveyBoy » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:44 pm

It is also possible to use the same bitmap/animated bitmap for multiple sliders/knobs . . thus only loading the image once and keeping the filesize down, also great if you want to change/experiment with different images. :)
DaveyBoy

Postby digital coconut » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:21 pm

Honorable colleagues. Following Mr Spogg's guidelines
(22x44 pixels image size) and Mr Hollins' clarification about using an image from a web knobman slider and the inestimable idea of ​​doing Mr Davey's experiments I arrived at this result of the photo! But I would like to say that before assembling the slider I treated the images in Photoshop's "Hue / saturation" option, as this tool allows me to achieve great results of the colors' vibration of the images.
Next step I will connect these new sliders to the equalizer module. Thankful noble friends. Result more than satisfactory as always ... :shock: :geek:
Attachments
Slider done.JPG
Slider done.JPG (36.55 KiB) Viewed 9133 times
digital coconut

Return to General