Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

credit on VSTi

For general discussion related FlowStone

credit on VSTi

Postby TeslaTronik » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:48 am

Just a quick question to ALL FS and SM users....

I tend to pick apart alot of your guys work from the forums and cannibalise them into my own synths.. my guess is that many of us do this.. but the question is.. does it p**s you off when you see something you have done in a released synth that you know you were involved in? and do you want credits on the VSTi no matter how crap the final result is?

i have always felt like the forums were a free-for-all, is this a general consensus?
TeslaTronik

Re: credit on VSTi

Postby Spogg » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:28 am

Speaking for myself anyone can do anything they like with any of my stuff with or without credit.

Pretty much all of my projects rely on re-using work by others. If anyone writes a credit info into their work, or specifies restrictions of use, I never remove the info and comply. Otherwise I consider it a community share.

We're very lucky to be in the FS/SM community and we have some amazing contributors who offer their work for free.

Personally I get a little buzz if I see anything of mine re-used!

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby TeslaTronik » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:49 pm

yes i agree for sure that it could be certainly flattering to have your work used, but i see a lot ( and by no means are my vsti are great atall ) of crap vsti.. that i'm sure people who were involved in some of the original modules would be ashamed to be associated with such a poor final product.
TeslaTronik

Postby tulamide » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:04 pm

My contributions here on the forum are commentware :mrgreen:
Leave a comment and use it as you see fit.

Unless I explicitly express otherwise in the thread, in which case you just follow the rules I point out there.(Only did so once so far)
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby RJHollins » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:13 am

I need FS to go 64-bit .... so that I can include all those that helped me :P
RJHollins

Return to General