Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Combination Circuits/Schematics

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Combination Circuits/Schematics

Postby Spogg » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:18 am

Knob position arc

This little offering allows you to take any type of rotary knob, of any size, and add that position display arc (whatever that damn thing is called) around it.

There’s one for a 0-1 knob and one for a -1 to 1 (bipolar) knob, like you would use for pan position.

You can set the colour and thickness of the arc and its size is determined by its view area, so you can superimpose it accurately for any diameter.

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Position rings for any knob.fsm
(75.1 KiB) Downloaded 1023 times
Spogg

Postby RJHollins » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:03 pm

very cool !

thanks
RJHollins

Postby BobF » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:16 am

Hi Spogg,

Yes very cool! These will be used a lot for sure.

Happy holidays, BobF.....
BobF

Postby lalalandsynth » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:26 am

Love that multiplex Tiffy .
lalalandsynth

Postby lalalandsynth » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:15 am

Great knob stuff Spogg, making some variations, will upload.

Thanks
lalalandsynth

Postby tiffy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:37 am

I like it!

Thank's Spogg.
tiffy

Postby tiffy » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:35 pm

LED's - 3-D:

I was bored so I made these LEDs. Hope it's useful to someone.
Attachments
Led's 3-D.fsm
(20.23 KiB) Downloaded 964 times
tiffy

Postby Spogg » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:56 am

Tiffy, I really like it when you get bored!

These are really nice.
I like the method of using alpha as a dynamic fade/brightness control. Never thought of that before.
A new lesson for me :D

Many thanks for sharing.

Spogg
Spogg

Postby tiffy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:49 pm

KNOB's BITMAP:

I have recently made a collection of bitmap knobs with different shapes, sizes, textures and colours but could only upload these two, since their combined size is already more than 1 MByte (Unfortunately, I did not make the arc to move with the pointer). It may be a better option to consider Vector knobs when size is a concern.
Attachments
Knob Bitmap.fsm
(992.33 KiB) Downloaded 980 times
tiffy

Postby tiffy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:00 pm

OPEN & LOAD ALL FILES IN A DIRECTORY.

The module can Load all the files in a Directory and the filter is currently set to only load *.wav files (You can change the file filter to any other file extension if you wish to do so). Since it loads all the files in a directory at once you should not left-click with the mouse on any file in the directory or the module will consider that file you clicked on to be the directory to load files from.

To load files left click with the mouse on the load button and browse to the directory where the files are you want to load. Select the directory and Left double-click on the directory to open it (Do not click on any file inside the directory or else you will have to start all over again). If the directory contains the files you want to load then left-click with the mouse on the “OPEN BUTTON” of the open window and all the files in that directory will be loaded.

Inputs:
Load - Open Directory and Load all files in that directory.
Clear – Clears the output files.
Def/Jump – Can be used to set the default file index or to quickly jump to that index.

Outputs:
CSV – Files in Comma Seperated Values Format.
Set Default – Default Index value to a File (See the Module Properties Menu – currently set to a value of 0).
Array – Files in Array Format.
Array Length – The length of the Array i.e. the actual amount of Files in the Array.

NOTE: If anyone has a better method/idea than this for loading/selecting individual files from a directory you are welcome to alter/improve on this schematic…but please share. Maybe Ruby can do better than this to select individual files directly from a directory? I asked Flowstone Admin to develop a primitive that can select & load multiple individual files from a directory but until then this will have to suffice unless someone comes up with a better solution.

The “Listbox” (optional - I just altered the colours) does not belong to me and I only use it here to demonstrate how the “Open & Load All Files in a Directory” module can be used.

Update 3: Open and Load All (*.wav) Files in a Directory v1.3

*Removed one of the two "Clear File" sub-modules inside the main module and moved the remaining one to another location achieving the same result but with fewer parts. Also removed some temporary comment in one sub-module I forgot to remove in the finished module.
Attachments
Open and Load All Files in a Directory v1.3.fsm
*Removed one of the two "Clear File" modules inside the main module and moved the remaining one to another location achieving the same result but with fewer parts.
(3.97 KiB) Downloaded 972 times
Open & Load All Files in a Directory v1.1.fsm
Updated - Now Clears ALL Outputs
(4.97 KiB) Downloaded 1020 times
Open & Load All Files in a Directory.fsm
(5.63 KiB) Downloaded 964 times
tiffy

PreviousNext

Return to General