Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

ASIO Input not Working Properly

For general discussion related FlowStone

ASIO Input not Working Properly

Postby aronb » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:42 am

Hi,

I have a Cymatic Audio uTrack 24 that works fine with Reaper using the upper 17-24 channels (all channels actually), but when I try any channel over 16 in Flowstone it fails to work or on occasion crashes Flowstone.

Working up to channels 15 and 16 (see here)
C_Clip_02_RS.jpg
Working 15 & 16
C_Clip_02_RS.jpg (208.56 KiB) Viewed 9769 times

Not Working from channels 17 to 24 (see 23 & 24 here)
C_Clip_01_RS.jpg
Not Working 23 & 24
C_Clip_01_RS.jpg (217.21 KiB) Viewed 9769 times

Any Ideas?

I have a bad feeling this is something that the developers must handle, and I think this will be of low priority :(

All drivers are updated as well as firmware. As I said the channels all work in Reaper?!? :?

Thank You for any and all help please,

Aron
aronb

Re: ASIO Input not Working Properly

Postby tulamide » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:35 pm

It almost lookis as if the bit order is inverted or something. But I'm afraid you're right. It is about retrieving data through the driver, so that can only be handled from the developer side. I wouldn't say it has low priority, but MyCo can't do a lot if he doesn't own that hardware.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby aronb » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:54 pm

So...

Both Reaper x32 and x64 work! This has been confirmed by both myself and at Cymatic Audio (https://cymaticaudio.com/)...

So it must be the way Flowstone handles the driver :cry:

Using this device is a must because it is a good recorder and player (that replaces the HD24 using just a USB thumb drive!!!), so how do I pay for tech support - it is that important?

I have used the ASIO output (all 24 channels) of the Cymatic Audio uTrack 24 for output without a problem, in fact also with MOTU's devices (in particular the 24ao - again all 24 channels).

I have built hundreds of Laser Show modules based on this software (I love Flowstone, and tell as many people I can about it). As I ready my system for possible release, I will be requiring my users to purchase Flowstone as well. I have put thousands of hours into my artwork and software creations, and need to have support.

I have tried to use the forum as much as possible to get information and questions answered, and I want to thank everyone for helping me learn and use this fantastic software. Sadly however, I need help that the users in this forum cannot provide.

Is there anyway possible to PAY for support? :idea:

In fact, I will even donate to the x64 version - again it is that important, as I believe this particular software, as well as the "Flow Style" of programming IS THE FUTURE!

Thank you to all those on this forum for the years of support, and thank the creators(s) who developed this great software!

Aron

P.S. How do I become an x64 Beta Tester?
aronb

Postby Spogg » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:20 am

You can apply to join in the FlowStone 4 testing program here:

https://join.slack.com/t/flowstone-supp ... wE8oqUHDFg

I’ve never heard of paid support but you could ask about your ASIO issue in the above group, or you could contact the DSPR owner Malcolm Barbour malc@dsprobotics.com .

Good luck Aron

Spogg
Spogg

Postby aronb » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:32 pm

Spogg,

Thank You Very Much!

I was already registered for slack but do not (or no how) to use it, so I will contact MyCo and Malc as well.

I just sent MyCo a message on slack (I hope I did it right) :lol:

Aron
aronb

Return to General