Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

click in synth when changing presets?

For general discussion related FlowStone

click in synth when changing presets?

Postby djbrynte » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:16 am

how to solve and fix this issue?
djbrynte

Re: click in synth when changing presets?

Postby Spogg » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:41 am

If a voice is sounding you’ll often get clicks when changing presets. This is because the stream is interrupted while parameters are updated. This happens on commercial-grade plugins too.

My “solution”, which I make use of in many schematics, is to kill the audio stream when changing presets. This can often sound less harsh than a big and sudden change in levels and content.

If it happens with no voice sounding, there may be a dc offset present somewhere, normally in the effects chain. This can be handled with a high pass filter set to 20Hz patched into the appropriate place.

The attached schematic shows my modified preset manager with the kill audio prim. Also find a prepared and optimised dc filter made by Martin Vicanek.

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Clear audio on preset change.fsm
(52.08 KiB) Downloaded 831 times
Spogg

Postby djbrynte » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:16 pm

thnx spoog very intresting.
djbrynte

Postby Nubeat7 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:12 pm

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10510

here is how i do it normally when it is needed, this technic is needed when preset changes need more time in complex schematics (sometimes up to 1 sec),in cases like this i found out that the best bet is to cut hold the programnchange, fade down everything and then do the programchange, fading everything down before the clear audio also avoids clicks and sounds better then just cut off audio.
Nubeat7

Return to General