Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Peak Meter that grabs ALL peaks !

For general discussion related FlowStone

Peak Meter that grabs ALL peaks !

Postby rocknrollkat » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:32 pm

Hi Gang,
Spogg asked me to repost this as a general topic so here it is.
As you may know, most 'Peak' meters created in Flowtone actually MISS most peaks.
This is due to the sampler, which is clocked by 'ticks', grabbing a sample 25 to 100 times a second, allowing most spikes to slip through, totally unnoticed (sampled).
I tried increasing the sample rate to 1,000 per second, the C.P.U. usage went into orbit.
Bad idea. Time for a rethink.
I'm using analogue technology to grab ALL the peaks in a program signal, the old fashioned way.
I use a diode full wave rectifier and a capacitor bank BEFORE the sampler (mono to float), so every time the sampler looks for a spike, either polarity, it sees one stored in a 'pumped' capacitor, upstream.
There a 4 spike detection profiles available due to the discharge characteristics of capacitors, and 4 LEDs to indicate which profile is in use at the time.
Since some spikes are so short, even a blinking LED is hard to see, I've included a handy dandy spike counter !
Play back your mix, if the counter shows anything but "0", you've got a spike.
It's been tested in Magix Samplitude X suite, no problem.
Compare my peak meter with a typical Flowstone peak meter, and see what you've been missing !
Literally !
Remember, this is a prototype, later versions may follow....

Enjoy !

ROXY :D
Attachments
ROXY's Peak Meter.rar
Pesky spikes getting past your Flowstone 'peak' meter ?
Try mine and grab ALL the spikes !
(1.79 MiB) Downloaded 1342 times
rocknrollkat

Return to General