Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Going from 3.08.1 to 3.06

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Going from 3.08.1 to 3.06

Postby kortezzzz » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:16 pm

tula, I tried to delete this keyborad and use Nubeat's one. But still having problems with the ruby module. It doesn't works "after load", but only when I switch off and then on it's ruby primitive. That's strange. Am I doing something worng?
kortezzzz

Postby tulamide » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:28 pm

kortezzzz wrote:tula, I tried to delete this keyborad and use Nubeat's one. But still having problems with the ruby module. It doesn't works "after load", but only when I switch off and then on it's ruby primitive. That's strange. Am I doing something worng?

I so hoped, it would work right out of the box! I'll have a look at it, maybe this time it's something in my module.

EDIT: Now that's strange indeed. I couldn't reproduce your issue. Please check the attached schematic. Open it and right away click a note on the keyboard. Works without issue for me, each time.
Attachments
tulamide's detect all notes module test 01.fsm
(18.28 KiB) Downloaded 951 times
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby kortezzzz » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:33 pm

Now it's perfect. So elegant... :D 8-)
I usually afraid of Ruby and prefer the green, but this time, the high value winks too seductively :)

Thank you.
kortezzzz

Postby kortezzzz » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:08 pm

tula, there is one more problem:

Key E is not working after load. Only after switching the ruby primitive off and then on :?
any suggestions?
kortezzzz

Postby tulamide » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:44 am

I don't know what else I could say, other than what I already did. I don't have any of these issues (see my last post), so chances are, you introduce them by something you do in your schematic. Remember, if you don't provide a midi stream that's following the midi protocol, you might end up with issues. So avoid anything that's not allowed, like Note Offs without prior Note Ons, sending several Note Ons for the same key, etc.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby kortezzzz » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:36 am

Ok, thanks, tula.

And yes, you are right. It works great in your uploaded schematic, but after adding it to my toolbox and then to my schematic, the problem occurs. It must be related somehow to my schematic. But there is no significant difference between your and mine midi connections. Same keyboard, same midi in connection.

Another little question: Is there any ruby commamd that can switch the ruby primitive off and them on (by using timer) or ruby commands have no premmision to that feature? because shutting off then on or just a slight meesing with the code fixes the issue.
kortezzzz

Postby Spogg » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:45 am

Sorry to interfere but is there any chance you could upload a demo schematic that shows the issue?

Tula’s module works fine for me (in 3.06) …
Spogg

Postby kortezzzz » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:22 pm

you were right, guys. I found the problem. :) I messed up with midi protocol while trying to split the keyboard into 2 ranges, by using a roby module. The outcoming midi array on "after load" was wrong. so I just substituted it with a green one and no more errors 8-)

Thanks!
kortezzzz

Postby Spogg » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:40 am

OK, so back on topic now :lol:

I’ve been using 3.06 a lot for my new project and more, since my first post 18 days ago.

This version seems totally stable! I deliberately haven’t been closing and opening FS to avoid the crashes I got with 3.08.1 (just saving often of course).
I have had literally ONE crash, and that was when I made an index value for a float array go to -1, so that was kind of acceptable. Otherwise it works exactly as I would want, hope and expect. It’s just so much more stable and seems generally to respond faster too.

One thing I noticed is that 3.06 doesn’t install Ruby Snippets (bits of Ruby code for basic stuff) because this was introduced after 3.06. However, if you have a copied and renamed 3.08.1 program installation folder, the Snippets are available in text format, ready to copy and paste into Ruby edit.

I’ve never had a problem loading up many different 3.08.1 schematics, by me and others, so I feel I can now recommend this “downgrade” with some confidence.

Cheers

Spog
Spogg

Postby Walter Sommerfeld » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:13 pm

O.K.
I'm on board...

Already saved schematics as v308 from v309b!
Loaded this in v306 - et voila it works :)
Even my Mega project with many deep encapsulated ruby modules are working fine!

Only the ruby sliders needed the well known "After Load Trigger" in the bitmap input.

Thanks tulamide and Spogg for the hint and motivation...

Cheers

Walter
Walter Sommerfeld

PreviousNext

Return to General