Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

DSP stage(0) question

For general discussion related FlowStone

DSP stage(0) question

Postby HughBanton » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:06 am

Hi guys,

I got stuck for a couple of hours the other day over stage(0) & stage(2) in a dsp module. The issue (once I'd identified it), can easily be illustrated in the attached demo.

The stage(0) output - z0out (=sum) - ignores the y input from the FA2P module, and just outputs the value of x, whereas the stage(2) output - z2out - correctly adds x + y.

Why is that? I would have expected the value at the y input (always 2) to be present during sample number 1, which is what I understand is the purpose of stage(0).

I'd just lurv to understand this one!

h
Attachments
doesnt_addup.fsm
(6.91 KiB) Downloaded 823 times
HughBanton

Re: DSP stage(0) question

Postby martinvicanek » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:06 pm

Unfortunately the note number is not available at stage0, hence the mismatch. If you need to initialize variables depending on input which is only available at stage 2, you could try declare a flag=1 and set it to zero immediately after processing the first sample. I have used this hack in blue, not sure it works in poly though.
P.s. Please use a clipper before the ASIO Out, especially if you connect non-audio stuff. And switch it off before saving.
My speakers say "thank you". ;)
martinvicanek

Postby HughBanton » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:19 pm

Thanks MV, somehow I knew you'd be the man with the answer!

Note number not available - I wasn't expecting that, I'd convinced myself this was another FA2P issue.

Doesn't matter a great deal, in practice I was just trying to save some processing. What I'm doing works just fine with everything in stage(2), I was just trying to avoid some repetition, as you do.

The bottomless pit that is Flowstone ;)

H
HughBanton

Postby HughBanton » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:23 pm

P.s. Please use a clipper before the ASIO Out, especially if you connect non-audio stuff. And switch it off before saving.
My speakers say "thank you". ;)

Oops, sorry. I knocked it up this morning, without connecting to anything, just to illustrate; hadn't considered audio implications.

I'll take more care next time :oops:

H
HughBanton

Return to General