Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Streamable modules? knobs? (Solved)

For general discussion related FlowStone

Streamable modules? knobs? (Solved)

Postby Ricciardo » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:19 pm

Ok, so i recently reinstanled flowstone and i am recollecting stuff from the web, and i found this plugin
who its incredibly well engineered even considering it was built in the synthmaker...

the plugin is called smackbox, i found it in the synthmaker greatest hits package, wich i downloaded trying to find interesting stuff i can reconvert to flowstone, or reverse engineer and do new stuff with it... you know, like "blocks of code", synthesis architecture, etc.

But this plugin really, really surprised me...

its drummachine, but the sounds are all synthesized in it... its not sampler, it have a palete of 12 voices to use
and each voice is distributed for a single sound...

And the best part is, it uses the same knob function for every of the 12 voices, and its so well engineered, the same knob can even be found in 5 diferent places of the synth... wich i really dont understnad how that is archieved...

the voice spliting, yes, i understand, and its remarkable, its something that i only seen in very sophisticated plugins like the Dune, where you can activate the user interface to micro-tune and change a patch per voice...

this thing, not only splits every sound for each 12 voices, but no only... it only used a single engine for everything
it doesnt have 12 "rows" of the same butons, the same pitch button, is re-used 12 times, for 12 different sounds, and everytime you pick, the voice 7, the button is re-assigned for the right paramter, and you can copy parameters from one voice to another...

So, i basicly opened the plug schematics, and passed a couple hours trying to make the links between modules the most straight forward and simple possible to understand how it works, its flow, its architecture etc etc...
and to somepoint... i understand it, it used an indexed FA2P array to keep the 12 voice instances information, while re-uptdating the user interface when you change from one voice to the other...

But still... there is something it is really making me scratch my head, and i still dont fully understand...

Some of the noobs, are streaming to other modules of the plugin, per example, the Pitch knob, streams for 5 different places, and if i delete it, other 5 different knobs disapear...

I also noticed the plugin i am taking about, have this signs in the module, wich make sense, they say x5 and have somehow a "recycling" sign in it.. something i never paid atention

how is that archieved? what functionality is that?

Becuase to my perspective, that is remarkable, its a hell of a way to make the plugin lighter in memory...

Anyway i leave you the "cleaned" schematics and i hope someone can explain this particular feature.

* after reading the manual i found what this was all about, the paste synchronising feature... crtl + shift + v
very handy indeed :mrgreen:
Attachments
Smackbox.fsm
(126.05 KiB) Downloaded 1154 times
Ricciardo

Return to General