Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Urgent help with 3band eq(starving artist in need of rescue)

For general discussion related FlowStone

Urgent help with 3band eq(starving artist in need of rescue)

Postby guyman » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:24 pm

Greeting Valiant Hero,

My pride keeps me from asking far too often!
For years in Fl studio 10 and 11 - I was addicted to just making one or small changes to my audio... with the 3 band channel parametric eq. In older versions of Fl studio you could select if that channel eq was pre or post... now it's just post... which is fine for me... but i don't know if I grew accustomed to it's sound, or it's curves are JUST RIGHT but it is a small 2 shelf 1 peak parametric... i love it's sound. I use it on everything... and sometimes find myself making an adjustment on one track for pre or mid-chain FX... and routing it to another to continue chaining FX... i love this eq... people have told myself and others to just use the 7 band eq...
I don't wanna. I'm a creature of habit. I still hate the FL12 gui changes lol...

Long Story short... I want an exact clone of this equalizer, from lay out, dimensions, Q and gain, gui... SO I can use it as I please.. and liberate myself from the channel strip.

What brave flowstoning soul can help me with this task? who dares to come to my aid in an age of musical deadlines, and constantly morphing GUIs? I'm not the only one who needs this !!

~ O
guyman

Re: Urgent help with 3band eq(starving artist in need of res

Postby KG_is_back » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:50 pm

based on what the manual says, the 3band EQ uses the exact same filters the 7band EQ does. And 7band EQ uses bilinear transform biquadratic filters from RBJ. You can download the schematics here. So replicating the exact sound should be possible. FL studio has a convolver plugin, that can capture Impulse Responses. You might set it up to capture the IRs of that EQ with some known settings. Then load that impulse into Flowstone and find matching values for the RBJ filters, to figure out how the parameters are scaled. You can capture IRs in flowstone very easily - connect Impulse Response prim to the filter, then the filter to Analyser Prim and set appropriate number of samples to capture. Load the IR form FL studio as a wave file, use mem to floatarray to convert it to float array and then subtract the output of analyser prim to get their difference - they should cancel out once you find the correct parameters. You can the twiddle with the parameters on the filter.
KG_is_back

Re: Urgent help with 3band eq(starving artist in need of res

Postby guyman » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:28 pm

Long live the DSPRobotics forum. Thankyou KG. Will update with progress soon.
guyman

Return to General