Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

(SOLVED)How do I get my presets to save with routing matrix?

For general discussion related FlowStone

(SOLVED)How do I get my presets to save with routing matrix?

Postby mikedaniel01 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:14 pm

I made a modulation matrix with the routing matrix in flowstone 3.0.9 beta 2 and for some reason every time I load up my synth in my DAW's it doesn't sound right because it's not playing the modulation matrix I have to go through and reselect my modulations one by one and then the preset sounds right. I have made sure all the routing matrix presets are different so that's not the problem and I can't figure it out. So how do I get the modulation matrix to load it's presets and play properly in DAW's.? Help would be nice and much appreciated.
Last edited by mikedaniel01 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEVIL
mikedaniel01

Re: How do I get my presets to save with routing matrix?

Postby Spogg » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:18 am

There are many issues with the 3.0.9 beta 2 so it’s not a good idea to use it for any important work. The most recent usable release is 3.0.8.1 but many of us (myself included) are using 3.0.6 which offers better stability and speed etc.

Having said that, this issue really does sound like a preset parameter naming issue. Have you checked a saved preset.txt file for duplicate lines or missing parameters? I assume from your post that you have, in which case it may be a bug in the FS version you’re using.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby mikedaniel01 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:41 am

Yes I have checked my preset files and there is no naming issues. I have also used the feature in 3.0.9 beta 2 where I can save it as a 3.0.8 file and then tried my exported VST in my DAW's but it still don't work.
DEVIL
mikedaniel01

Postby adamszabo » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:48 am

The presets are coming from the selectors not from the matrix, thats where I suggest you look for the issue.
adamszabo

Postby mikedaniel01 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:02 pm

I have already checked the selectors and made sure they are all named different in my preset file. It is right from a preset point of view even when you load the preset it loads all the selectors with the modulations that are suppose to be there it's just the sound that don't reflect with the modulation matrix. And then you have to go through and select each one again by going to none then the modulation that was there before. Even if you just go and select the same modulation without going to none first then it still don't work. It's like I have to select them from scratch each and every time I load my VST into my DAW's or even Flow Stone. It's like the routing matrix just don't work with loading presets in v3.0.9 beta 2.
DEVIL
mikedaniel01

Postby Spogg » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:44 am

Ok, so it may be a bug in the bus prims in 3.09 then.

My next step would be to export as 3.0.8.1 then try replacing the bus prims from 3.081.

Also I’ve had occasional issues with selector prims being faulty, especially after copying and pasting schematic sections with selectors inside. The results can be quite bizarre and illogical. You have to replace them one at a time until the problem goes away.

Just a hint: If you drag in a new prim, select it and also select the one to be replaced then right-click on the selection and choose “Swap links” the whole process is quite quick. Maybe you know this!

Failing all that I would suggest you upload your project (from 3.0.8.1) and we can maybe help.

Good luck!

Spogg
Spogg

Postby mikedaniel01 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:40 pm

I have tried saving my schematic as 3.0.8.1 with the feature of 3.0.9 beta 2 but that didn't work then I tried using Flowstone in 3.0.8.1 after I had it saved as 3.0.8.1 and all it did when I loaded my schematic is crash then when I tried installing 3.0.9 beta 2 again it also crashed I had to use a backup copy to load my schematic and redo everything all over again to get it to the point of where it was at before. It took me like 2 hours just redoing everything I had to redo. But with that being said I think it is a bug in 3.0.9 beta 2 I emailed the email address for Flowstone and let them know that the prims for routing matrix aren't working properly and explained it all to them. But thank you for your comments and suggestions I really appreciate it.
DEVIL
mikedaniel01

Postby Spogg » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:37 am

Ages ago I asked for the 3.09 betas to be removed because several people have been caught out by using them. However, for whatever reason, they remain in place for all to download.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby mikedaniel01 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:11 pm

I have solved this issue. If anybody else is having trouble with the routing matrix not playing properly leave a reply and I will show you what I did to solve it.
DEVIL
mikedaniel01

Postby Spogg » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:39 am

mikedaniel01 wrote:I have solved this issue. If anybody else is having trouble with the routing matrix not playing properly leave a reply and I will show you what I did to solve it.

I think it's always good to share a solution to a posed question, otherwise it's just left hanging there. Someone may have the problem in years to come and not see the answer. So, yes please, let's see what you found out.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Next

Return to General