Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Maximum frequency

For general discussion related FlowStone

Maximum frequency

Postby Jarfaut » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:54 pm

Good afternoon comrades!

Maximum frequency of generation and analysis by the built-in modules of the Flowstone system.

What is the maximum frequency?
Can frequencies greater than 100 or 500 kHz be generated and displayed graphically?

Good time, everyone!
:ugeek:
Jarfaut

Re: Maximum frequency

Postby Spogg » Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:21 am

Hello and welcome to the forum!

FlowStone is limited by the sample rate set on the audio interface, so at 44100 Hz that would be the theoretical maximum that can be evaluated or used. For audio the limit would typically be half that frequency (Nyquist).

BTW I saw your other posts about your post not being posted, but new users automatically get sent for moderation for their first few posts. That's me that is! :lol:
It means you might have to wait up to a day for me to approve, depending on when you make a post.
Spogg

Postby Jarfaut » Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:43 am

Spogg wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum!

FlowStone is limited by the sample rate set on the audio interface, so at 44100 Hz that would be the theoretical maximum that can be evaluated or used. For audio the limit would typically be half that frequency (Nyquist).

BTW I saw your other posts about your post not being posted, but new users automatically get sent for moderation for their first few posts. That's me that is! :lol:
It means you might have to wait up to a day for me to approve, depending on when you make a post.

Thank you, Spogg, for the answer!
Why am I interested in the question about the frequency inside the module...(?) The point is that I want to simulate the operation of a simple AM-radio tract. Of course, it can be partially simulated at ~20 kHz, but it won't be quite the right thing.
Harmonic leakage is not so bad in inaccessible range, starting at least from 100 kHz. Even better from 500 kHz. :idea:
8-)
Jarfaut

Postby Spogg » Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:26 pm

Interesting.
Is this to make an audio effect that sounds like am radio?
Spogg

Postby Jarfaut » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:02 pm

Spogg wrote:Interesting.
Is this to make an audio effect that sounds like am radio?

Spogg, of course such a model can also be used as an effect, if necessary. Since, in the end, any radio serves a band of the audible range. Looking only at the oscilloscope is not the ultimate goal of receivers. 8-)
Jarfaut

Return to General