Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

What are you still doing here?

For general discussion related FlowStone

What are you still doing here?

Postby jjs » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:07 pm

Hi Guys & Dolls,

once in a while i visit the forum, and for years there is no progress.

If you want to go on with making programs for music then go here https://juce.com/
While i don't use it (i jumped to Livecode), i stopped making programs for music. This Juce seems the best alternative.
Look at the prices, learn a bit c++ and create for all platforms, not just windows.

It's just as affordable as Flowstone which is dead, which is a total waste i admit.

But you can't do only windows these days.

So stop wasting your precious time and energy and go for Juce if you really want to have progress.

Bye.
jjs

Re: What are you still doing here?

Postby adamszabo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:59 am

jjs wrote:It's just as affordable as Flowstone which is dead, which is a total waste i admit.

Flowstone is not dead. 64 bit is being developed already
adamszabo

Postby Logado » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:32 pm

I also use juce, but for me flowstone is best for experimentation and learning. you dont need recompile two thousand times yours project to make some experimentation, it's very nice tools and I think that he will never be dead
Logado

Postby aronb » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:39 pm

Big fan of Flowstone...
I have used many if not all Flow Based programming languages, and Flowstone is the best for many reasons.

And I do not even use it for audio synths or effects, I use it for lighting / laser effects & controls, (see: http://www.laserlumia.com), and for quick GUIs and computational industrial control systems - nothing is faster, easier, and is as lightweight (1 small file) for distribution to customers - the best period.

Making an exe file is super fast and easy. I do make VST plugins, again not for audio, but I do use the audio layer and DAW systems along with custom laser graphics image synths (that are a bit similar to audio analog and older analog laser synths) to record and playback laser show data - again super easy and quick and with spectacular results.

Do I wish Flowstone had more OpenGL capability, well yes I do.

But other than that...
Flowstone is simply the best for its ease of use, beautiful user interface, and power to run super complex math / DSP code FAST!

My 2 cents,

Aron
aronb

Return to General