Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

How to create own R&D components for Flowstone??

For general discussion related FlowStone

How to create own R&D components for Flowstone??

Postby keyjslider1 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:38 pm

I need urgently a LOOP primitive for green with "while/until" conditional logic (looping stops if condition meets).
All experiments with various schematics, incl. the Ruby-based one failed... I put some posts about this module, also into Flowstoner wishlist...
The only way I see is to create the one by myself.
Has anybody had experience with this? Is there any developer construction kit for Flowstone? Probably, may I derive access to existing module files for editing?
Some hints??
keyjslider1

Re: How to create own R&D components for Flowstone??

Postby ChrisHooker » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:19 am

Hey slider,

Are you looking for a looped counter?
Does the attached schematic work for your needs?

I have 2 counters in this schematic:
- One is green (connected to the conditional), which is currently set to run at Tick25.
- The other is a blue counter (runs at sample rate) that I've previously created and just threw in there for you. (Use the "TotalCounter" output.) It should be easy enough to connect a conditional to the boolean "RUN" control of this one, in the same manner as the green.
Attachments
Looping Counters.fsm
(5.88 KiB) Downloaded 817 times
ChrisHooker

Re: How to create own R&D components for Flowstone??

Postby tulamide » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:20 am

Also, why is it so difficult for people to accept, that their concept is wrong and not Ruby? I already said it in the other thread, you have to adapt to event-driven code (and Flowstone's implementation of Ruby). Or else you will fail each time you try to use Ruby.
Attachments
conditional_counter.fsm
(696 Bytes) Downloaded 783 times
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Return to General