Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Ruby UP/Down Arrows

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Ruby UP/Down Arrows

Postby HughBanton » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:08 pm

So ... it seems my problem with "up" & "down" (but never with "shift" & "alt" & "control") is actually down to an FS version thing :shock:

I'm habitually running 3.0.8.1, but as luck would have it, today was the day I finally took the plunge and dived into Maik's lastest 32 & 64-bit betas, gasp. Guess what, in Ruby under both of those those, all keys respond to isKeyPressed as everyone tells me they should! So I'm presuming that outside of 3.0.8.1 they do also.

Or maybe it's yet more complex. Computers, don't you just lurv 'em. (Of course we do :lol: )
HughBanton

Postby tulamide » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:45 am

It's not really news that 3.0.8.1 is buggy. There are a few threads that tell you why you should use 3.0.6 (until FS4 is live), and that was the version I used, of course, to test your code ;)
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Spogg » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:48 am

I’ve been using 3.06 for ages now, once tulamide finally convinced me to give it a go. Never looked back.

For me it was the stability issues that won the day. I never kept track but it feels like 3.06 crashes like about 1/20th the times that 3.08.1 did. I still save progressive versions frequently, but if I do get so absorbed that I forget, I very rarely pay for it.

In addition, the behaviour and speed of 3.06 just “feels” faster and slicker somehow.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Ruby UP/Down Arrows

Postby Henryenaxy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:03 am

I dont think you can store the last ruby value without the file continuously saving itself? I think the best choice would be to save your value as a text file and read it from there when you open it again?
Henryenaxy

Ruby UP/Down Arrows

Postby EdwardHauri » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:38 am

Thanks for the information Spogg and tulamide. When you guys say that Ruby is slow in sound manipulation / coding, do you mean that it needs more lines of code ?
EdwardHauri

Previous

Return to General