Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

midi key note split

For general discussion related FlowStone

midi key note split

Postby gvalletto » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:40 pm

Hi to all.
I want to make keyboard midi split to use one oscillator that work on a portion of the midi notes and another oscillator that work on the another portion of midi notes.
But my scheme does not work as I espected.
I do not want to use only one "Voice to Poly" module with arrays in the Lokey/Hikey inputs because, despite I would use the voice tag to mute each oscillator on the undesired key zone, the midi data still going to the two oscillators.
I need to filter that keyboard midi data as the "note equal" module does it, but I need to do it with several notes.
Any suggestion? Please see the attached scheme.
midi key note split.fsm
(8.45 KiB) Downloaded 720 times
gvalletto

Re: midi key note split

Postby Spogg » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:39 am

Hi gvalletto

As chance would have it I recently tried the scheme you show in a current project and it doesn’t work. You are trying to merge 2 completely separate “synths”, but in poly. You have to convert both streams to mono, and then join them together in mono.

I’ve spogged the FSM to show the result. In your original one you will only hear the stream you connected last, so you can hear one OR the other, but never both.

However, when I was trying with 3 streams I hit another problem. You may have to duplicate any envelopes, filters etc for both streams. But when you do this, the FS compiler behaves oddly if you have common green wireless controls for the “slave” modules in each synth channel.

The only way it could work is if you have 2 completely separate and self-contained synths, each with their own individual controls. This may be what you want of course!

You are correct to say that the tag system with one MIDI section will use CPU even for the not-chosen range, assuming you use muting. The tag system is really intended for choosing a sample from a mem array which you will always hear, so the correct sound will play for a given key or key range. In this case the system will open new channels purely based on the number of notes played, when they fall within a specified range.

Maybe one of the experts can explain the technicalities better than me, but this was based on my experience and subsequent assumptions.

Good luck!

Spogg
Attachments
midi key note split-1 spogged .fsm
(21.1 KiB) Downloaded 709 times
Spogg

Re: midi key note split

Postby gvalletto » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:43 pm

Hello Spogg! Your explanation is clear, I understood perfectly. Thank you very much!
I think I must remake my project, separating all the shared stream channels at each oscillator...
gvalletto

Return to General