Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Gain Modulation

For general discussion related FlowStone

Gain Modulation

Postby guyman » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:08 pm

Hello, maybe someone could explain an effective strategy/circuit to modulate the gain of a signal. let's say I was feeding a filtered band to some sort of envelope detector or threshold, and wanted to use that to modulate the gain of an eq band. I would like to control the attack and release accurately.
guyman

Re: Gain Modulation

Postby StereoSpace » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:12 am

I can not understand (What type of filter is suitable for a dynamic equalizer?
I am also attending to your question.
GUI designer
StereoSpace

Postby trogluddite » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:06 pm

It sounds like what you're looking for is an "envelope follower", which tracks the amplitude of a signal with control over the attack/decay times. If you don't have one in your toolbox already, you can find one in the Audio Module Pack that you can download HERE. The technique you described is also common for de-essing applications, which a few people have worked on in the past, so it may be worth searching the forum for examples of de-essers or compressors.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby guyman » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:24 pm

Thanks trog, I solved this - this past year... I just don't do well keeping up with updating my posts, which I should considering how much I have gained from this community... I've been really behind in the learning curve of this entire process, and have made leaps and bounds this year in my development.. I really wish to complete a couple of tools that accomplish things I couldn't before, so that I can finish my album the way I want... I plan to re contribute to this forum massively, not only updating my journey in my posts, but sharing things I haven't seen yet....

I just want to finish my UFO first....
guyman

Postby guyman » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:27 pm

If anyone has more questions regarding dynamic filters/compressor math/sidechain , I am a bit more advanced now in my understanding and would be happy to answer questions.
guyman

Postby guyman » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:28 pm

ZDF filters are great for dynamic modulation.
guyman

Return to General