Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Export full Top View Module as VST

For general discussion related FlowStone

Export full Top View Module as VST

Postby kameron » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:51 am

Hi,
I recently download Flowstone and I've been messing around trying to make my own vst however when I go to try to export the vst to test it, it only gives me the option to export vst for individual audio schematics. How can I export my whole top view module as a vst so every schematic exports into one full vst?
kameron

Re: Export full Top View Module as VST

Postby adamszabo » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:42 am

you need to put every individual module into a big module and export that
adamszabo

Postby Spogg » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:47 am

Hi kameron and welcome!

Sorry, I’m a bit puzzled by your question.

The image I have is that you have a few modules at the highest level of view in the edit environment (the FlowStone “desktop”), and you want to export what you see as a VST.

If this is correct then you can select all of them (Cntrl A) or drag out a bounding box around what you want to include. At the bottom left you will then see some icons appear. If you click on the O icon it will put the selection into a single module. On that new module you then click on the G at the bottom to create a front panel graphics view where you can arrange the modules inside.

To create a VST effect you need at least 1 blue input and output, and for an instrument you need 1 MIDI input and at least one blue output and this must be exported as an Instrument. For a MIDI “effect” (like a vocoder) you must export as an “effect” not an instrument.

I would also suggest you carefully read through the User guide and Component reference PDFs and try out what you read.

Good luck and have fun!

Spogg
Spogg

Postby KG_is_back » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:55 pm

kameron wrote:Hi,
I recently download Flowstone and I've been messing around trying to make my own vst however when I go to try to export the vst to test it, it only gives me the option to export vst for individual audio schematics. How can I export my whole top view module as a vst so every schematic exports into one full vst?

Flowstone wasn't designed to be used the way you intend. The exported application/plugin needs to be a single module, because it needs to be clear what is the window/GUI for the application. To put it simply, Flowstone can run in two modes. "Developing mode" is what you see when you open flowstone - you can more and edit modules, create connections etc. The second mode is "Focus mode" where only thing you see is a GUI of particular module (you can switch to Focus mode by selecting a module with GUI and clicking the magnifying glass icon on bottom right).

An exported plugin/application is just (slightly stripped down) flowstone that opens directly in focus mode, with a pre-defined fixed schematic. That schematic is the single module you exported (in case of plugin, there are also input and output prims automatically connected to it, that bridge it with the DAW).
KG_is_back

Return to General