Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Blinking led when engaged ?

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Blinking led when engaged ?

Postby RJHollins » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:58 am

lalalandsynth wrote:Rj Hollins, I read that at some point , didnt understand it then , i might now with a bit more experience.

I am far from expert ... but I just started tacking on the 'Trigger Counter' module, and just watched what was going on.

I saw the most 'simplest' item generating multiple TRIGGERS ... and they were not needed [in many cases].

There's no way to 'see' this just looking at the schematic ... it has to be measured.

From there, it seeing how some of the trigger 'Blockers' and 'Reducer' perform ... and then testing them in you schematic ... insuring that things work as intended.

The 'Experts' dig into some of the complexities within a FS schematic ... things like 'Reverse Triggers' and such. I can't clearly explain them ... at least not as well as related postings [going back SynthMaker forum].

Still ... once you start measuring Trigger Counts, and adding some fairly simple 'optimizer' ... improvement can be quite noticed. Your plugin design just responds better.
RJHollins

Postby lalalandsynth » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:58 am

Thanks for the advice ! Will look into this .
lalalandsynth

Postby lalalandsynth » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:01 pm

He ends the tutorial mentioning a second one about GUI redraws , did that ever get made ?
lalalandsynth

Postby lalalandsynth » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:59 pm

Do you guys know if it takes less triggers to make the GUI from less files , as in implementing all fonts/names and such into the background image rather then having separate little pieces of the gui ?
It should at least reduce the memory cost.
Just wondering if its less redraws etc , not sure how the graphic system works in FS.

I can certainly try it :)

In other news I halfed the triggers in my latest plug , using some mono4 , packing and different Scopes, different scopes made the most difference, they dont look quite as nice but worth it.
Still too high on CPU though and in fact , very little cpu difference.
lalalandsynth

Postby martinvicanek » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:25 pm

Really, why don't you switch to a stable version. :?:
If you then encounter a problem, isolate it (strip as much off your schematic as possible while the problem still occurs), and post it. Somebody will help you.
martinvicanek

Postby lalalandsynth » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:20 am

Mostly because its a lot of rebuilding, when I first learned about FS I downloaded the most recent version, thinking that made sense. Now all my assets are in that version. Insane amount of work to gather all that stuff again.
Having said that , I might .
lalalandsynth

Previous

Return to General