Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Ticks Question.

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Ticks Question.

Postby adamszabo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:15 pm

Like this. This blocks the triggers from the ticker when you do not have the vst editor open
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (9.06 KiB) Viewed 11324 times
adamszabo

Postby lalalandsynth » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:33 pm

So, in one section I have 3 small level meters and 3 tiny scopes , showing an envelope signal.
When I shut down the ticker to the moving graphics CPU is 3% , when I turn it on its 8,5%.
I am using one 25 ticker to run these graphics. How can I optimize this or am I stuck with such a CPu usage when using moving graphics like meters and such ? Not sure if I am chasing my tail or if its possible to bring this down?
lalalandsynth

Postby lalalandsynth » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:34 pm

Thanks Adam , so this applies to the whole gui in the DAW rather then individual sections when not displayed ?
lalalandsynth

Postby lalalandsynth » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:56 pm

Am I right in assuming that the redraw limiter might help here , does that shut down triggers when a particular part of the gui is not visible ?
lalalandsynth

Postby lalalandsynth » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:58 pm

Interesting, with a few tweaks , shutting off tickers to sections, using the "change" I have managed to reduce the CPU by a considerable amount. I have noticed though that using meters is taking me from 3% to 8-9%.
How can I have responsive meters and reduce the cost?

This is common with all the modules and is indeed the cause for my high cpu.
I should be able to get it down to about 2-3% If I can reign back this meter CPU issue.
lalalandsynth

Postby nix » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:55 pm

it's fine to use green for constants and maintain sample accuracy when plugged into stream,
Lalaland.

I'm not sure how to do the meter without looking at it- would you like to upload it?-
but yes the draw area and # of ticks?
It does use only one redraw?
nix

Postby martinvicanek » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:17 am

From my experience excessive CPU load in graphics is always a result of a tick avalanche in a green processing chain. For instance a binary operation will often output two ticks, hence all subsequent operations will be executed twice!. Stack a bunch of binary operators and your CPU will sweat (unnecessarily).
I can imagine that this may be the issue in your schematics but it is impossible to tell without seeing it.
martinvicanek

Postby lalalandsynth » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:58 am

I could upload of course but I am using the Alpha.
Any of you guys have the alpha ?

I could redo the meter in 3.09
lalalandsynth

Postby lalalandsynth » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:09 am

Nix , Yes, it seems that constants are working but in this instance I am shifting an array with an lfo with a mono to float inbetween and this array shift affects audio and its not sample accurate , good enough for auditioning but does not work properly in faster then realtime render which is to be expected. , I am not sure how to do that to a stream without using greens.
lalalandsynth

Postby lalalandsynth » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:10 am

i did recreate this in the 3.09 version although in my Alpha schem I replaced the ballistics module with an envelope follower as the stock meter was disappearing on me at random with the original ballistics module.
THis does not seem to be the problem as the CPU hit can be seen in this example.

It might be this redraw thing, How do I make a single redraw for all meters ?

Meter test 2.fsm
(208.16 KiB) Downloaded 812 times
lalalandsynth

PreviousNext

Return to General