Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Loading MP3 files into Queue Primitive (PROBLEM SOLVED)

For general discussion related FlowStone

Loading MP3 files into Queue Primitive (PROBLEM SOLVED)

Postby tiffy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:36 pm

PROBLEM SOLVED...VERSION 1.2 WORKING CORRECTLY. THERE WAS NOT MUCH RESPONSE TO THIS SO IF ANYONE INTERESTED IN THE CORRECTED VERSION 1.2 CONTACT ME PRIVATELY AND I WILL UPLOAD IT TO MY DROPBOX.

I need some help with this schematic. All the mp3 files load from a directory on the hard disk and are then visible in the "Playlist Window" and up to this point, it works OK. By holding down CTRL+LDo Mouse Click on the files you can select files randomly in the order you want them to appear in the "Playlist Sequence Window". The selected files will then also be loaded into the “Queue Primitive” and will be visible in the same order in the “Text Output Window”.

BUT, here is the problem: If you select the first file in the “Playlist Window” first prior to Selecting or Clicking on other files, then it will show in the “Playlist Sequence Display” however it will not load into the “Queue Primitive”. Thus, it will not load the first file from the “Playlist Window” into the Front of the Queue Primitive. If you do want to load the first file then you first have to select some of the other files after it first and only then it will load into the “Queue Primitive”. HOW TO LOAD THE VERY FIRST FILE FIRST INTO THE QUEUE PRIMITIVE? I have battled with this for hours but to no satisfactory solution.

The Schematic has two options to Select the Files either in the same Sequence as they appear in the Playlist Window by Holding down SHIFT + LDo Mouse Click on first & last file thereby selecting all files or by Selecting files in a random order by Holding Down CTRL + LDo Mouse Click on the preferred files.

NOTE ON HOW TO LOAD THE FILES FROM THE COMPUTERS HARD DISK DRIVE:

Left Click on the “Load Files” Trigger Button and click your way to the directory containing the mp3 files BUT DO NOT Click on any of the files itself as this will confuse the schematic into ‘thinking’ those files are directories as well and then you will have to start the whole process over again right from the beginning. So, at the very last directory which opens and contain the mp3 files just click on the “OPEN” Button on the Window and ALL the files in that directory will be loaded into the “Playlist Window” from where the individual selection can be done.

I ONLY NOTICED NOW THAT I HAVE NOT UPLOADED THE CORRECT SCHEMATIC IN WHICH I HAVE CHANGED THE ONE MODULE i.e. THE "PLAYLIST GETAT" MODULE IN v1.1 THUS HEREWITH V1.1 OTHERWISE THE PROBLEM STILL PERSIST AS DESCRIBED ABOVE. IF YOU REPLACE THE MODULE IN THE OLD VERSION WITH THIS VERSIONS MODULE IT IS EXACTLY THE SAME.
Attachments
Loading MP3 files into Queue Primitive v1.1.fsm
New Version with Updated Module.
(20.04 KiB) Downloaded 1122 times
Loading MP3 files into Queue Primitive.fsm
Obsolete
(16.6 KiB) Downloaded 1106 times
tiffy

Return to General