Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Knob Wizard; Do You want it?

For general discussion related FlowStone

Knob Wizard; Do You want it?

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:25 pm

So, I've noticed that while using the 3.08 FL studio version of flowstone there is a glitch with knobs redrawing correctly. And that says to Me that somewhere there is a glitch which is being solved which ultimately Mac users may experience.

But, the knobs I'm speaking of have no images at all; So that I can be sure that VST's can operate unhindered on mac software. But sufficed to say that image driven knobs are the most stable. I could make a module that makes knobs nearly as well as knobman in every respect which creates a module output. This module output can either serve as a vector (resizable) knob or it can create an image strip as soon as the plugin loads (discarding the old image every time You exit).

This would ensure that Mac would display an image (because it made the image); And furthermore that there would be no display inconsistencies. This method would also be ideal for those who wish to provide the FL Studio native flowstone (32 bit only) plugins.

I tested my latest stuff on FL Studio 12, the image based knobs seem more stable. Let me know what Your take on that is (I enjoy the work) and if You want something like this I can make "Knob Wizard".
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Re: Knob Wizard; Do You want it?

Postby adamszabo » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:35 pm

FlowStone plugins dont work on mac... I dont know what you are talking about
adamszabo

Postby tulamide » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:15 pm

Your links are just advertisements for third party tools. They don't change the fact of this statement:

adamszabo wrote:FlowStone plugins dont work on mac... I dont know what you are talking about
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby adamszabo » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:02 pm

@wlangfor@uoguelph.ca so you actually managed to run flowstone plugin on the mac using those tools? I would love to see some screenshots because I havent managed :(
adamszabo

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:17 pm

@Adam Szabo I'm not sure, Syntheway is pretty reputable though. Looks like they use synthedit; But some of their stuff is genius. @Tulamide; They're all free: does that constitute an Ad, unsure.

Jbridge M however is commercial. Though I'm not sure if it loads win VST? I'm not sure to be honest. I thought there's a Mac VST as well.. And if that's the case.. Iono. I've heard of a few others. Relevant to Adam for His Viper synth if that were the case.

However, Syntheway links to free stuff and their synths are really good. I highly recommend Magnus Choir. It's a choir synth, seems really oldschool but I love it. If a company like that says a mac VST wrapper works maybe it does?
Anyways, I've been working on a plugin called Hydra; It works pretty well, but it's a slow compressor that's always examining the envelope highs (and soon lows once I make a Float Min Hold from the float Max hold, And with that median average, then mode, standard deviation and divide by 2).

So, it's knobs are imageless but they're not lagging. they do however, seem to cause lag. But it's only in the load time so here's a chronological list of how knob wizard would work. It might be worth using as a substitute.

1. DAW Loads
  2. If DAW open, check for editor open
  3. If editor open, open link to mgui
  4. Behind the scenes, have the program (designed by? will get author right) make screenshots of each state of the knob.
  5. Add every scene to a strip maker (Pall? will get author right)
  6. Send strip to bitmap and load knob, slider

I don't know, it seems like this might use more CPU, but on the other hand once loaded it's loaded. AND it would not have to initially load any graphics from the start. It's an idea. Hydra is really good sounding; And if it helped it to load more predictably, I'm all for it.

BUT, either way; I think that this would be a great knob maker. I like the way flowstone makes images, they're rich in colour, vibrant. It would have a few less artifacts than knobman too. I'm pretty sure there's almost every feature possible except the masks. But maybe masks are possible with that area clip/union thingy? I'd have to read up on that.

That aside, I was able to fix drawing in FL Studio 12 by setting a tick100 (which I use for a global tick) and sent its tick to a global redraw. Kind of Heavy handed, but You could add it as an option for FL Studio users. Probably is affected in FL Studio 20 as well.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby adamszabo » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:40 pm

But it you havent tried to run FlowStone plugins on the Mac, then why are you trying to find a solution to a problem that you havent even investigated or if we know it even exists? I dont understand...
adamszabo

Postby Jay » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:55 pm

This is the only reasonably good way of using windows VST's on a Mac that i know of, My mate uses this method!

http://netvst.org/wiki/doku.php?id=down ... ing_netvst
Jay

Postby adamszabo » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:30 pm

Jay wrote:This is the only reasonably good way of using windows VST's on a Mac that i know of, My mate uses this method!

http://netvst.org/wiki/doku.php?id=down ... ing_netvst

I tried that and my vsts made with flowstone simply dont open. No error or anything it just does nothing
adamszabo

Postby tulamide » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:39 am

wlangfor@uoguelph.ca wrote:@Tulamide; They're all free: does that constitute an Ad, unsure.

The point is not, wether the're free or not. The point is, that Flowstone creates plugins for Windows only. So any method to try to run them on a Mac involves creating a surrounding for the plugins that tricks them into believing they're run on a PC, while the third party software tries its best to convert Windows specific orders into Mac specific ones. This of course is full of issues (little/bug endianess, completely different drawing engines on Win ans Mac systems, completely different audio routing, etc.)

There is only one way to get plugins to run flawlessly on Macs: by compiling a plugin for Macs. Which Flowstone doesn't offer.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Next

Return to General