Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

How to add custom icon in EXE application plugin

For general discussion related FlowStone

How to add custom icon in EXE application plugin

Postby dancewood » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:08 am

just thinking how to change icon in exe application since the custom icons never show,only is showing flowstone default icon.I tried resource hacker but this only make errors.
dancewood

Re: How to add custom icon in EXE application plugin

Postby tulamide » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:58 am

As far as I'm aware, Flowstone doesn't offer it when creating the executable. So you are forced to use a resource changing tool. There are several, so check them as well. But be careful. Make sure the icon you want as a replacement has the same size and color-bitdepth than the source icon. That's the only way you can replace an icon.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby trogluddite » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:14 pm

This ability is definitely there in the .exe export dialogue of version 3.0.8, though I'm not sure about earlier versions. I have managed to use it successfully, so if this is the version being used, I suspect it might be due to some limitation on what icon files are supported. FWIW, I use GIMP to create or convert .ico files, starting with an approx 256*256 pixel original and export settings 32bpp, 8-bit alpha, no palette.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby dancewood » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:25 am

I use Flowstone 3.0.0 Standalone program and when exporting executable files there is option for adding custom icon.Anyway thanks will try what you say.
dancewood

Postby pwesynthmaker » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:28 am

IcoFX freeware version has been around since prehistoric times and is compatible with FlowStone for creating Icons to use during executable export.
The standard icon format for reliable export is: .ico

Download URL:
https://portableapps.com/apps/graphics_ ... x_portable
IcoFX Portable
P.S. the paid version is relatively inexpensive and well worth it.

NOTE: FS is friendly with PNG (Portable Network Graphics) format icon image import. Bitmaps maybe are acceptable, although do not export with transparency (i.e. invisible background layer).

Also, notice the standard display FS icon is relatively small. Use the Create Windows icon from Image on the Image tab dropdown menu for best results. Deselect all but smaller icons.
Select Only (32-bit) 32px, 24px, 16px export file format:.ico or the icon will simply not display on screen.
Custom created icons are very sensitive to permanent location or may lose their GUI appearance.
First, create a folder you are certain you want for permanent storage of homemade icons such as Foldername: 'FSIcons' in My Documents will work. Place any icons there before attaching to any file, .exe, .dll or whatsoever. Having complete Administrator Control in Control Panel UAC User Accounts is a real must have. (slider to bottom … dismiss popup notice).

Changing an icon or the filename of a previously exported exe. to another after initial creation usually results in the new icon having the GUI appearance of the previous one. The new icon is there. Just doesn't look like it. You can reboot … etc. but best to go to Registry with the Run … (command line: regedt32 --- press enter) and go to top of Registry Editor and select Search (e.g. 'myfsicon') for the previous icon key(s) and delete them all … be careful not to delete any .ico reg key that you are not certain is one you made and don't need ... reboot and use Windows Disk Cleanup (in the start menu under Administrative Tools) … I and many others use CCleaner … and reinstall the icon. Repeat this procedure as often as necessary.
https://www.invntefx.com/ssl/_invntefxf ... fstone.htm
Inventor eFX Technology FlowStone WebPage

https://www.invntefx.com/
Inventor eFX Technology
LOGIN
Username: viewer
Password: A#1viewer
pwesynthmaker

Return to General