Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Ruby question - Filtering array duplications

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Ruby question - Filtering array duplications

Postby DaveyBoy » Fri May 17, 2019 11:53 pm

Nice to know you got it sorted :)
DaveyBoy

Postby kortezzzz » Sat May 18, 2019 7:22 am

Thanks Dave :)

I'm not a talented coder, so nothing comes easily with Ruby here :oops:
Anyway, there are hundreds like me out there, those who called the "silent majority" who barely post or comment, and that's why it's so critical to demonstrate every single piece of code (even what seems stupidly obvious for those who can code) with a bright schematic. When people been told "Oh, just use ".uniq". That's the method", they have no idea what to do with it, since this method needs the correct syntax in FS Ruby or it's nothing but useless :?
kortezzzz

Postby RJHollins » Sat May 18, 2019 9:49 am

That's why I tried to use more RUBY in my last project.

If I don't, I'll forget much of what I almost started learning. Let alone, getting the proper Syntax.

Heck ... I'm still trying to remember WHEN to use an & in front of a variable. Sure, its' simple if we do this often ... but I often work in sprints when putting together a little utility tool I'd like to have.

So fortunate for the generous help offered here on the Forum ... but I still go to a lot of those RUBY sites, tracking down 'Methods' .... and many times, searching out questions that others have posted. But still I see a lot of 'Rail' formats, and others posting special 'Classes'. That's beyond what I can do.

Gotta say, though, when I do get a Ruby routine module working ... Man can it simplify the design and logic layout of my schematic.

Also wish I could organize the RUBY stuff [not my strong suite]. Like a sort of Ruby Database that could be search and ordered into categories. Even be able to then drop them into a schematic ... a dream :)
RJHollins

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Sat May 18, 2019 2:19 pm

So, from missing links by MvdLee, here's a CParser collection.

And what's weird is that I can't find these anywhere. Anyone have more of them? They look useful.
Attachments
missing links 014 - cparser.fsm
cparser - mvdlee
(4.33 KiB) Downloaded 726 times
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby kortezzzz » Sat May 18, 2019 3:33 pm

Rjhollins,

I agree with you. Generally, I try to avoid of using Ruby and use it only where there is no other reasonable solution (greenies get very messy or, heavy or have no answer to a given chellenge).
I collect ruby patches as well and add them into my toolbox and try to keep them organized as possible, but never seriously divided them into categories and etc. However, I'll upload my collection later. Maybe we can try creating a mini database here :)
kortezzzz

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Sat May 18, 2019 4:01 pm

kortezzzz wrote:Rjhollins,

I agree with you. Generally, I try to avoid of using Ruby and use it only where there is no other reasonable solution (greenies get very messy or, heavy or have no answer to a given chellenge).
I collect ruby patches as well and add them into my toolbox and try to keep them organized as possible, but never seriously divided them into categories and etc. However, I'll upload my collection later. Maybe we can try creating a mini database here :)

That's great, should be useful thanks.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Previous

Return to General