Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Arduino, Firmata

For general discussion related FlowStone

Arduino, Firmata

Postby hyperritual » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:04 pm

I just started using FlowStone this week after reading about it in Robot magazine, and am looking to implement a module for Arduino. I saw in the "Future Hardware Support?" thread that there are others interested in Arduino, but I have not found an actual implementation, so figured I would initiate a discussion of the matter for those interested.

So far I have been able to communicate with a Duemilanove using FS's COM Port component. I am considering the Firmata protocol as many Arduino developers are already familiar with it. I am testing with the StandardFirmata sketch, but there is the possibility of creating a sketch optimized for FS, if necessary.

If anyone has ideas or wants to contribute to the creation of an Arduino module, I would be grateful for the dialogue and cooperative effort.

Sincerely,
Joshua Madara
hyperritual

Return to General