Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Questions from a new guy

For general discussion related FlowStone

Questions from a new guy

Postby yellow » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:00 pm

1. When I purchased the software it brings me to a download page with a list of versions. My question is, if I am new to this how would I know which version to download? Do I just guess?
2. I tried following the tutorial on making the Knight Rider Led display, but page 18 shows and discusses things that are not in my software. I tried contacting DSP but no reply. I hope this is not indicative of how this is going to go.
yellow

Re: Questions from a new guy

Postby trogluddite » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:30 pm

Welcome to the forum, yellow.

The version that's generally recommended at the moment is 3.0.6 ('Pebble'). There's a known issue with Ruby memory leaks in the later versions. And leave the Beta's well alone! - they should really have been taken down, as they're very unreliable. The bugs in the later versions are slated to be fixed in the next release, when 64-bit support is going to be added as well (as I understand it, most of the outstanding bugs have already been fixed up by the guy doing the coding, and trustworthy folks who've played with the alphas are of the opinion that it's coming along very nicely.)

Until I just took a peek at the tutorials, I hadn't realised just how out of date they are. As far as I can tell, there are equivalent components for the ones in there, but their appearance and much of their internals were changed when Ruby was introduced into FlowStone. IMHO, the documentation always has been a bit of a disappointment; but you'll get plenty of help here on the forums if you run into trouble (though the lack of forum spam filtering is also something of a disappointment - fingers crossed you can log on when one of us has had a clean-up!)
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Re: Questions from a new guy

Postby yellow » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:20 pm

Thank you very much for the reply.
yellow

Return to General