Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

I support 64Bit development

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: I support 64Bit development

Postby seanlclarke » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:03 pm

Happy to pay 150 bucks upgrade once it has been developed (ie I would buy the 64 bit version on completion)
seanlclarke

Postby Nubeat7 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:36 pm

still missing 2 important answers

what amount of money (at all for 64bit only) are we talking about?
which is important to know how much people will need to spend how much money
(how much can spend 10 people like it is atm)

how much time it would need if the money was here?

i mean if i would need to spend 2000€ and have to wait 2 years this would be useless..

@tronic +1 for extending the campaign to multiplatform support.
Nubeat7

Postby kortezzzz » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:48 am

which is important to know how much people will need to spend how much money
(how much can spend 10 people like it is atm)

i mean if i would need to spend 2000€ and have to wait 2 years this would be useless..

+1

As long as DSPR's full business and timing plan is missing, it's impossible to commit to any campaign.
It makes me feel like 14 years old Justin Bieber's groupie school girl that has requested to confirm her stabilization to
any of his shows, whenever or where ever it would be needed. Maybe im a kind of groupie, but please guys, i'm too old for this child's Play. Lets get a little serious please.
kortezzzz

Postby Drnkhobo » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:56 am

Cant be 100% certain here but I think somewhere around $150 . . . (please dont take my word on this, its up to the devs).

No way to say right now however, im sure that once we support a project like this it wont be taking 2 years to get done. BUT once again, im not sure its up to the devs.

Remember guys, the point of this thread is to show the legitimate interest in DSPR developing the 64Bit version for us. Its not a proposal of definite work, rather us asking them nicely (and constructively) to do this for us. Im not making it out to be a huge favour or anything like that, we are going to pay for it! So dont get it wrong here.

I think until DSPR sees there is enough interest & starts a kickstarter campaign, we will be without certain info. Thats OK though, because by you supporting this here on this thread, you are not agreeing to anything set in stone. But you are saying you are interested, which is what we need! :D
Drnkhobo

Postby CoreStylerz » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:09 am

I'm with you Drnkhobo but i do not think that asking in a manner or in another manner will change the situation...

I have same feelings of kortezzz... Really need to talk with devs on this or it seems really a fan-boy situation. :oops:

I can also pledge 2-300$ but i'll do that only for more than 64bit, at least including portability on Mac OSX and AU.

That's all. For me at max 150$ to pledge and 150$ as renew and stop.

In any case, if things don't go in the rigth direction i'll no more buy any subscription ever.

PS; FL studio 64 coming next week. Synthmaker for FL removed.
Need my support for app development, website or custom scripts?
PM me if you are interested.
Experienced Java, J2EE, PHP, Javascript, Angular, Cloud Solutions developer.
CoreStylerz

Postby Drnkhobo » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:00 pm

think your thread is a great idea and if it gives us an indication of support for 64bit then of course we'll look at the results.

look forward to seeing how the thread evolves.

Words from Malc. . . This is serious & not a joke!

The bottom line:

DSPR do not owe us anything. Yes in the past they mentioned 64Bit . . ect BUT, they have NO OBLIGATION to do so. They provide a product (Flowstone) AS IS. You are not forced to buy the updatse or any other purchase. ITS YOUR OWN decision to support them with that.

Guys, you dont see the whole picture here. . . . :cry:

The more time we think about uncertainties (which cannot be known until this gets bigger) the worse its going to be. Once the kickstarter project is UP, then we can talk about what we fully expect (and the devs will know what they want to offer too!)

Take my hand, i'll be gentle, and we shall walk together down the long road of a 64Bit FS future. Its not easy but we will get there. I promise. . .

@NuBeat7 - Thnx for spreading the word on the synthmaker forums about this ;)
Drnkhobo

Postby Xtinct » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:58 pm

Drnkhobo wrote:
think your thread is a great idea and if it gives us an indication of support for 64bit then of course we'll look at the results.

Wouldn't it be simpler to ask who doesn't want 64bit, obviously everyone on the audio side wants it.

look forward to seeing how the thread evolves.

Words from Malc. . . This is serious & not a joke!

Till I see an actual post from Malc I remain sceptical, in those quotes there are no promises to go ahead with 64bit development so why could he not just post that here :?:

Though I did find

Thanks for joining the team hobo, just keep stringing them along while we squeeze more money from them, best regards Malc.

NOT words from Malc. . .This is NOT serious & IS a joke!

I'm not being negative I 100% support 64bit development.
I just want a post that is direct from the developers that acknowledges this thread.
Xtinct

Postby Drnkhobo » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:40 pm

:shock:

You got me, I confess. . . I don't actually use FS. I'm running a laptop DSPR gave me off a car battery next to my box/shelter! They said they would give me a pair of old boots if I would string you guys along!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can understand a word from the devs is wanted & expected, so I will ask them to comment here. My gut feeling that they have been quiet is because there is a lot of negative comments about. Not that comments aren't started from nothing, but hey, we aren't all perfect :D
Drnkhobo

Postby Xtinct » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:52 pm

I get the feeling if the dev's just said Hi they would get a hundred negative comments asking whens Hi2 out and why isn't it here now, we need Hi2 our plugins just don't sound good without it :roll:
Damned if you do damned if you don't.
Xtinct

Postby trogluddite » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:23 pm

Xtinct wrote:I get the feeling if the dev's just said Hi they would get... ...we need...

Well said! Let's not forget, they've been there before, both in the early days of SM, and the SM/FS changeover (boy, that got nasty!). Whatever people might say, nothing less than a downloadable, stable, back-compatible release is ever going to stop the noise about 64bit - and then we'll be onto Mac/AU, then VST3.0, then Touch Screen support, then...etc...etc...etc... Who here would dare raise their head above the parapet to face the slings and arrows? I know damned well I wouldn't! :lol:
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

PreviousNext

Return to General