Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

I support 64Bit development

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: I support 64Bit development

Postby SampleScience » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:44 am

DigiTonix wrote:Maybe you're right, I'm not familiar with robotics but... isn't there a 64 bits is not necessary? if they want something let them do as they want...
But I would like to have open source code in this case! (Find an awesome programmer to decompile heh heh) :D
Then we could all make a Flow for yourself!... Isn't that a good idea?

Yes, I wish I knew how to do that! I've done some research on the web and found nothing that could decompile plugins. That would be a god send!
SampleScience

Postby tulamide » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:49 pm

knozzers wrote:Also, I would think about 32/64 Bit compatibility from the hardware driver aspect. Does a 32 Bit audio application (DAW), if installed under 64 Bit OS (if that is possible for DAWS) run smoothly with 64 Bit ASIO drivers ? Or are there problems ? That is something I would expect, but I have currently no experience, because I am not allowed to install something like that on my workstation (company owned).

I don't have my own experiences, but the makers of my DAW once made a blog entry that dealt with exactly those questions, and their answer was pretty clear. All that matters are two things:

1. How much RAM do you need? (In the DAW, not the system)
2. Are all your plugins 64-bit?

If all your plugins are 32-bit and you don't need more than ~ 2GB for the DAW, then a 32-bit DAW on a 64-bit Windows is to be preferred. Pretty much all DAWs work with 64-bit engines internally anyway, no matter the version you use, so are happily communicating with a 64-bit ASIO as well.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby RJHollins » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:25 pm

The issue is not the Hosts ... it is the need for a 32->64 Bridge.

Use of a Bridge can cause the 'simplest' of problems ... [for one] 'Plug-In Focus'.

Host like Reaper do have the Em-bed option, which helps ... but not all DAWs.

Also, many DAW's do not have built-in Bridges, so that requires a user to purchase additional software. That can cause a hit on market-ability.
RJHollins

Postby lalalandsynth » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:43 pm

I just bought Flowstone the other day , to be honest i did not imagine that it did not support 64bit.
Not complaining , just saying.
lalalandsynth

Postby bob humid » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:43 pm

Cheers everyone!

I would fully support 64 Bit development and even pledge for it.

As I am a professional producer, electronic performer, sound-designer, tech_writer, mixing- and mastering engineer I have a profound knowledge and experience about audio mixing and signal-paths but I am not seeing myself diving into C++ codeing too much, as I am always quite busy with my different activities...

Will this ever happen? :-) Crossing fingers!

http://bobhumid.de
bob humid

Postby CoreStyler » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:23 pm

This software is clearly dead. Sorry.
:shock:
CoreStyler

Postby anjey_olaf » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:27 pm

CoreStyler wrote:This software is clearly dead. Sorry.
:shock:

You could write it somewhere else? Be sure to have to write this here? Or do you have nothing Activities? I'm sorry but these phrases begins to enrage. Peace for everyone. :evil: :D
anjey_olaf

Postby CoreStyler » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:31 pm

anjey_olaf wrote:You could write it somewhere else? Be sure to have to write this here? Or do you have nothing Activities? I'm sorry but these phrases begins to enrage. Peace for everyone. :evil: :D

You misunderstood...
I don't care about the future of the software, i don't need it.
I just want to share my consideration... Peace of mind, you know.

So if you think things will come, just wait. :lol:
CoreStyler

Postby anjey_olaf » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:40 pm

CoreStyler wrote:
anjey_olaf wrote:You could write it somewhere else? Be sure to have to write this here? Or do you have nothing Activities? I'm sorry but these phrases begins to enrage. Peace for everyone. :evil: :D

You misunderstood...
I don't care about the future of the software, i don't need it.
I just want to share my consideration... Peace of mind, you know.

So if you think things will come, just wait. :lol:

I'll wait. I believe. Everything will be fine. I still have enough FS 3.8.1 to complete my very large Projects and only on FS complexity and architecture. :D :)
anjey_olaf

Postby CoreStyler » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:44 pm

anjey_olaf wrote:I'll wait. I believe. Everything will be fine. I still have enough FS 3.8.1 to complete my very large Projects and only on FS complexity and architecture. :D :)

Go on!
You will learn alot of things using this product, you'll get confident with programming and then, if you will be a programmer, you'll get what i said. ;)
CoreStyler

PreviousNext

Return to General