Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

I support 64Bit development

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: I support 64Bit development

Postby anjey_olaf » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:53 pm

CoreStyler wrote:
anjey_olaf wrote:I'll wait. I believe. Everything will be fine. I still have enough FS 3.8.1 to complete my very large Projects and only on FS complexity and architecture. :D :)

Go on!
You will learn alot of things using this product, you'll get confident with programming and then, if you will be a programmer, you'll get what i said. ;)

No problem Bro!)) Only you did not ask what I'm still working.) STM32 F7 series MCU And IPLUG framework. And FS I need a wonderful prototype platform. :D
anjey_olaf

Postby CoreStyler » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:56 pm

anjey_olaf wrote:
CoreStyler wrote:
anjey_olaf wrote:I'll wait. I believe. Everything will be fine. I still have enough FS 3.8.1 to complete my very large Projects and only on FS complexity and architecture. :D :)

Go on!
You will learn alot of things using this product, you'll get confident with programming and then, if you will be a programmer, you'll get what i said. ;)

No problem Bro!)) Only you did not ask what I'm still working.) STM32 F7 series MCU And IPLUG framework. And FS I need a wonderful prototype platform. :D

I think the same.
CoreStyler

Postby ScullEd1981 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:46 am

I would prefer 64 bit.

I use Reaper 64bit.
ScullEd1981

Postby eternith15 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:55 am

I love FlowStone, however I see nothing happening and I've lost patience after all this time. It's drawbacks are obvious in that it doesn't generate any source code before binary, it's pretty much inline.

I'd be willing to work with fellow coders to create a new similar visual system that generates source code on the fly and uses a JIT compiler to get everything going.

GUI -> Code Generation -> JIT, Manual Compile, or Automatic Compile (save as dll/exe)

This way not only is it x64, but cross compatible because the source code is generated either for external compile or internal with a JIT compiler. A standard library will come with code generated that can be compiled with portability in mind (cross platform). I have the FL sdk and VST sdk installed and ready. If you want to add more sdks, awesome.

I'm not willing to develop it alone though, but I'd love to create this with others to bounce the creative energy around with. Spogg, Bob, Martin, and all the other audio gearheads here, let me know what's on your mind. :idea:
eternith15

Postby Spogg » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:15 am

I'm not a coder but I think that what you describe would be the best approach for a completely new application.

As I understand it you propose creating a kinda universal source code then compiling it into whatever output is required. Way beyond my capabilities but a great idea.

This would mean re-writing Flowstone from scratch and that seems like it would be a mega-task. The SynthMaker-Flowstone dev cycle lasted many years with the then dedicated devs working hard at it.

If you can do this then...Bravo!!

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby ScullEd1981 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:36 am

Hello All,

In recent email form Malc:

"
And that brings us to 64 bit - of course we’d love to do that but it’s not easy. It’s been on out radar for a long time and we are going to be looking at the issues again over the next few weeks. If this is vitally important to you then maybe it’s best to wait and buy in if it eventually comes.

"
ScullEd1981

Postby anjey_olaf » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:01 am

It is incredibly good news! Flowstone team, I believe in you! You are best! :o :ugeek: 8-)
anjey_olaf

Postby tulamide » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:49 am

I'm not sure what exactly is the good news?

It's just what DSP Robotics is saying for years now. Also, and native speakers may correct me, I think in English it is very clear when to use "when" or "if"

If it would read "...when it comes" I had the assurance that it will come. But "if it eventually comes" is like saying "totally unlikely, but for the extremely lucky and exceptional case we actually manage to do it, you'd buy then".
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Spogg » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:16 am

I've told Malc on 2 occasions that there's money to be made from 64 bit export but nobody can make him do it. My guess is he'll see it as a cost-benefit equation.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby eternith15 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:24 pm

I am working to create a 64 bit freeware open source app that is community driven by piggybacking on a C++ JIT compiler such as AsmJit. The first task will be creating a basic modular gui with a familiar feel, which can compile to become itself, thus allowing continued expansion. As an analogy, it would be like the ability opening Flowstone in Flowstone, and add features or modify as desired. As well as opening other projects (ie. 32/65 bit vst/au plugins, etc). Giving code the ability to modify from the abstract or unfold to the specific lines of code... similar to the Ruby component, except C++, and 32 or 64 bit output from the gate. Let's go.

https://github.com/asmjit/asmjit

http://fiddle.jyt.io/
eternith15

PreviousNext

Return to General