Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

I support 64Bit development

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: I support 64Bit development

Postby NAS » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:01 am

Seriously, is there no way to get the beta ?
I was a moderator at the old forum and have a ton of plugins i want to update to 64 bit.
NAS

Postby NAS » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:04 am

Oh wait, nevermind, just seen my mailbox here and it is over run with bots, looked at the site and it is dated 2012, I assume DSP Robotics is dead and a couple of old users are fiddling with the code, right ?
Sad times.
Anybody know if the entire project would be for sale to the right buyer, or is it just dead ?
NAS

Postby deraudrl » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:33 am

NAS wrote:Seriously, is there no way to get the beta ?
I was a moderator at the old forum and have a ton of plugins i want to update to 64 bit.
Look here: http://www.dsprobotics.com/support/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8116&p=51787&hilit=slack#p51787
Third post from the bottom.
I keep a pair of oven mitts next to my computer so I don't get a concussion from slapping my forehead while I'm reading the responses to my questions.
deraudrl

Postby nix » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:16 am

Nu Audio Science!
I hope u will come back, I sent you a pm with the details on the update and current development
nix

Postby marcelodantas » Mon May 11, 2020 9:55 pm

So ... wait ... I come back here from time to time waiting to see if there's a 64 bit version.
But ... is it dead? Is this true? Oh my.
Really? :(
marcelodantas

Postby deraudrl » Tue May 12, 2020 3:34 pm

marcelodantas wrote:So ... wait ... I come back here from time to time waiting to see if there's a 64 bit version.
But ... is it dead? Is this true? Oh my.
Really? :(
Depends on what you mean by "dead". The 64-bit VST2/3 version is still in very active development.

(Note that this thread is coming up on six years old: you might want the read it from the new end.)
I keep a pair of oven mitts next to my computer so I don't get a concussion from slapping my forehead while I'm reading the responses to my questions.
deraudrl

Postby Urnsoft » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:26 am

deraudrl wrote: The 64-bit VST2/3 version is still in VERY active development.

:lol:
I'll never forget how I robbed by this "company".
Urnsoft

Postby dstern841 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:22 am

That's still not the point, tester. It's not about what CoreStylerz can do to hide the fact that a 64-bit-plugin-version can't be offered. It's about what DSPr is willing to do to keep FS within the standards. And the standard is 64-bit, and not just since yesterday. This will also affect the other, bigger part of FS, not only sound.
james
dstern841

Postby DSP-Robotron » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:23 am

I support the 64Bit idea but I'm very low on cash and the Trump asshole doesn't want to deliver the cash printer that he owes me. So... Yeah. There you have it. This project needs a Kickstarter page or something similar to get it moving in the right direction and they also need to include more free versions that people can try and test and bug fix quicker. They need tons of people that can test it and they are not doing it properly. This toy needs to be part of every copy of Windows everywhere and somehow they failed. It looks like an abandoned project if you ask me and the pricing is not even close to match Steam and the games from Steam. Better put it on Steam at a very affordable price and try to sell millions of copies quick.

Plus, my Reason 10 doesn't like 32bit plugins at all.
Those are not even detected/scanned/loaded.
DSP-Robotron

Postby JWP » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:23 pm

I never did chime in here, even though I visited here for years waiting for the 64bit version before realizing I can get the Alpha.

I totally support 64 bit. Honestly, it kinda blows SynthEdit (SE) out of the water:
Plugin resizing
64bit channel differentiation
Way more GUI vector tools
To be fair SE is only one developer.

Although, SE 1.5 is coming and might do all the things Flowstone Alpha can currently do; plus it already has a couple more VST3 functions (FS):
Indexing parameters by hierarchy
Catagories for presets (limited to developer side)

I plan to develop in both, for me it's more about developing DSP algorithms with idea maps. More interfaces means more algorithm training.

The main reason I chimed in was to reflect on DSP-Robotron's post. Trial versions definately need VST deployment testing, so many times builds act way different than in the development platform. Alternate limitation might be a better idea, like only one stereo in and out, color limitations, nag screens and/or MIDI channel limitations, ect.

If Steam store is projected, I pray they keep a proprietary authorization system. Politics can wipe things off Steam, not a fan of Steam.

In regards to Kickstarter, it seems like a Pateron might be more appropriate. Long term funding opposed to one large donation that only happens when a product is delivered.

I've run into a bug with the Alpha where my build crashes and has to reload, losing the preset that my FL project had it saved to. I have to trace where the problem is and make a report (if relevant).

Anyway, happy patching.
JWP

PreviousNext

Return to General