Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Mono to Poly and back?

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Mono to Poly and back?

Postby Perfect Human Interface » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:45 am

Tried making a loop run through 128 values on a Note Equal primitive and plop results into an array. That didn't work, presumably because green can't just grab data out of red whenever it pleases.

But I found someone made it for me.
http://outsim.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5708

Plugs whatever notes are playing into an array. So I should just be able to grab the min or max values and be off.

As per usual I wasted a lot of time and learned a little from it. Flowstone is a funny test of patience and attention span. :P
Perfect Human Interface

Postby ErvSoft » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:11 pm

hello again, i'm very active this week hahaha
well, I get straight to the point:

I downloaded your lfo from another topic and its output can be assigned for both mono and poly, and what I'm wanting to achieve is just connect the mono signal and send it to a poly connector to avoid the green connectors,

In terms of reducing CPU consumption, is it feasible to use the tick20 and the M2F component for several lfo and use the green connectors to get the floating values?
Or is there another lighter way to achieve the same purpose?

I have 4 separate and independent OSCs with 6 lfos inside each one, .. so if there is a way, I think of the DSP module in which there is a code to generate the conversion from mono to poly, but my knowledge in that area are null: c
I stay tuned to this thread.
ErvSoft

Postby Spogg » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:12 am

I think this might be what you want. It converts mono to poly. I've made extensive use of it and it's never let me down yet.

Not by me and rather clever I'd say.
Attachments
Convert mono stream to poly stream.fsm
FS 3.06
(3.17 KiB) Downloaded 759 times
Spogg

Postby ErvSoft » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:14 am

thanks Spogg, ;)
It worked for me, however, the result I got for an Lfo, it was as if it lacked bit resolution, so I experimented with the poly connectors until I achieved the desired effect, I will attach a diagram that details the result.

(they are my gifts as thanks :oops: )

advance LFO Example.fsm
ErvSoft Advance Lfo example (FS v3.0.6)
(162.32 KiB) Downloaded 788 times
ErvSoft

Previous

Return to General