Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Locosys LS23030 GPS mouse example

For general discussion related FlowStone

Locosys LS23030 GPS mouse example

Postby nkiernan » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:06 am

Good morning.

I've just picked up a Locosys LS23030 USB GPS mouse (115200 Bps) to try out the Locosys GPS schematic in the example schematics section of the forum. It seems to have been setup ok, drivers installed, and with the Flowstone schematic open the Port Open is True, GPS lock true and time latitude and longitude are all giving data.

The time however is an hour behind (I'm based in Ireland) which I presume is just down to the settings in the GPS module. The latitude and longitude however are giving a location near Belgium! I've tried changing the Bps in the Flowstone schematic etc but keep getting the wrong location data.

Does anyone have any experience with this GPS mouse and what might be the issus? I've set it up outside in open space and believe its got a good satelite lock etc, red led is flashing about every second.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.
nkiernan

Re: Locosys LS23030 GPS mouse example

Postby Embedded » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:49 pm

Yes I have one too.

Firstly the time, I think it is always GMT so you can't change it. The hour difference could be due to daylight saving time!

Belgium! I know what this is I think as I had the same issue. Assuming you are testing with the FlowStone example on the support site: http://www.dsprobotics.com/support/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=270
It is probably that the longitude is the wrong polarity. I've fixed this in my EzGPS http://www.dsprobotics.com/support/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=287 software now. Basically you need to decode the East, West into +/- for the longitude. I can't remember which way round it is but you will soon see when you change it.
Embedded

Re: Locosys LS23030 GPS mouse example

Postby nkiernan » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:05 am

Cheers for your reply Embedded. Your suggestion worked a treat and the sample schematic here on the support pages is running as expected now. Looking forward to trying out your EzGPS project. I hope to have a look at something similar and adding simultaneous multi camera recording. Cheers again.
nkiernan

Return to General