Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Microphone inputs

For general discussion related FlowStone

Microphone inputs

Postby Fritzi » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:50 am

Hello,

I´m a newbie and have some stupid questions.
How can a user of an FlowStone made exe file select the microphone input and an audio output like the headphones ?
When I use the DS components, error messages occur, because DS is not active on my pc. That is not very professional, but I found no way for detecting first if DS or ASIO is active, to avoid these error messages.

Installed ASIO4ALL drivers work fine und I can select inputs and outputs INSIDE a modul, but not on the GUI.
How do I put these components on the GUI, so a user can use them for selecting his audio in and outputs ???
The user has no access to these module level components.

Also having presets for all parameters would be fine. The preset components seemed to work only on audio stream settings like volumes, but not on normal parameters like text, integers, floats, etc. I just want to save and reload all user changed settings of the used components of a module.

Thank you very much for your help or even better for a short example
Fritzi

Re: Microphone inputs

Postby guyman » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:09 pm

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (88.2 KiB) Viewed 11680 times

I would do this and create a gui to wrap this concept.
guyman

Postby guyman » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:27 pm

I think I yanked these from Martin at one point.

Maybe if I get a minute today, I'll build a large routing system/patch bay.
Attachments
Stream Selector & Multiplexer Optimized.fsm
(1.06 KiB) Downloaded 735 times
guyman

Postby guyman » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:30 pm

Those that don't ask "stupid" questions, are "stupid".
but there are no stupid questions...
shit I'm still lost and feel no shame in asking ANY question.

Luckily you have found a program surrounded by geniuses willing to help, who are further down the path of intelligence than I.

So ask away! every time you do, you help someone else learn what you don't know, or inspire someone who does know, to think about it differently.
guyman

Postby guyman » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:33 pm

Make sure you check that when exporting exe
Attachments
Capture 2.JPG
Capture 2.JPG (45.91 KiB) Viewed 11676 times
guyman

Postby martinvicanek » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:42 pm

When you create an exe there is a dialog with a checkbox option “include audio menu” or so. Activate that option.

I did not understand your other question regarding presets, sorry.
martinvicanek

Postby guyman » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:51 pm

This has an audio selector menu, for internal sound driver selection- in the gui. the dial selects which STEREO PAIR of inputs get routed to the output. You could configure it to select through mono inputs as well, or any wild config for that matter.

Hope this helps, please share your results so we can all learn.
Attachments
Audio Selector.fsm
(43.12 KiB) Downloaded 749 times
guyman

Postby guyman » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:58 pm

One more thing, I notice that in FL Studio's mixer, the layout for selecting the input/output for each track is similar to what I posted, BUT it has a selector list that is populated by the INPUT TITLES from the ASIO, not just their order. Much like Flowstone's Audio Selector list does with the driver selection, but FOR INPUTS. If that is what you want, I do not know what to do...

IF IT DOES NOT ALREADY EXIST, maybe someone could create a ruby or external function that pulls the input titles for whatever ASIO driver is selected into an array, and populates a drop down list for the selectors/ multiplexers.

I believe other than that, it's just a matter of your module that will be rendered to .exe, having enough audio inputs to match any asio driver selected. (mine has 10 in 10 out for example)
guyman

Postby Fritzi » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:33 pm

Thank you very much for your help !
You are really great and I can proceed now with it :D
Fritzi

Postby Fritzi » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:47 pm

Hello guyman,

yes, thats still a problem, not getting the all inputs by their names in a selector box. Selecting ASIO4ALL as input is not enough for a user who wants to select the mic input as source. (The same problem is selecting a dedicated output by its name)
Also in FlowStone this seems not possible with the existing components for us.
What I don´t understand, because this is a very normal task for an audio software beeing able selecting sources and outputs by their name by a user. Seems that my questions wasn´t as stupid as it seems :)
Nevertheless, it need to be solved with FlowStone for this "simple" audio routing problem.

Any idea ?

Thank you very much
Fritzi

Next

Return to General