Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Slack Alpha version concerns

For general discussion related FlowStone

Slack Alpha version concerns

Postby adamszabo » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:17 pm

I have a little concern regarding the alpha version on the slack. Quite a few people are coming to the slack via facebook asking for the alpha version, but how can we be sure these people are actual customers of FlowStone? I believe you dont even need any license to run these versions, and then we could get random people getting the full version of the program without even having to buy it. But anyway, many of them dont even communicate or report anything. Should I be concerned about this or I am being paranoid? Should we somehow only allow FlowStone customers to access the alpha?
adamszabo

Re: Slack Alpha version concerns

Postby tulamide » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:38 am

I had the same concerns and spoke about it with MyCo. He said that it would be of little concern for him currently. He prefers a larger base of people having access to the alpha.

Also, only me and MyCo are shifting people to the alpha channel (that is a locked channel you can only enter by being moved there), and I only do whatever is fine for MyCo in that regard. When he thinks it's enough, he will say so.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby trogluddite » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:05 am

Thanks for clarifying MyCo's thoughts, tulamide. I have seen some developers struggle to deal with too many testers, so I had wondered about it. It's good to hear that it is how MyCo likes to work. He's the one putting by far the most into giving FS a future, so it's only right to defer to his wishes.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby Spogg » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:26 am

I had the exact same concerns Adam. When I recently invited Michael I was already satisfied he was genuine and would help in a useful way. But it’s really tricky to vet “random” people before allowing them access.

I would say that if Malc would get involved he could check if a potential tester had bought FS before letting them access the alpha.

Otherwise maybe we could have a standard question sheet of some sort, or maybe demand that we see a valid and original schematic made with FS 3.xx but ultimately it’s up to Maik and DSPR.

If Maik is happy then I’m happy!

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby tulamide » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:36 pm

Spogg wrote:I would say that if Malc would get involved he could check if a potential tester had bought FS before letting them access the alpha.
That's exactly the thought that led to the downfall of Flowstone. Let's quickly compare the popularity of Flowstone with the biggest player on the market currently. JUCE started as an open source project. The library was used to create the Tracktion (Now Tracktion Waveform) DAW. At that time there were two libraries openly available: iPlug/WDL and JUCE. iPlug wasn't developed any further, JUCE was developed on a nearly daily basis. Only after community grew to hundreds of thousands was it that a company bought the rights to JUCE. So, now it became an expensive commercial tool like Flowstone, right? Wrong! To this day, JUCE is free for everyone whose revenue is below $50k. And if you cross that line, you have two licence options that both grant you the full product, but to different prices again dependend on your revenue. The most expensive licence would be for an unlimited revenue. As a perpetual licence you would have a one time payment of $1300 - totally doable if you already earned $50000.

There are other, similar models around the world, or even models like rent-to-own. But this "nobody may have access before he pays an enourmous amount of money" is the worst to attract customers.
tulamide

Postby Spogg » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:53 am

You make a good point tulamide.

To sum up, I think you’re saying “Get the product right by whatever means is successful (like having many testers) then go to market with a good and fair pricing regime.”
Correct?

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby tulamide » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:57 pm

Spogg wrote:You make a good point tulamide.

To sum up, I think you’re saying “Get the product right by whatever means is successful (like having many testers) then go to market with a good and fair pricing regime.”
Correct?

Cheers

Spogg

That direction, yes. But even more: "Get the product right while people are actually using it, enjoying it and therefore spreading the word. Take care that pricing policy won't undermine that success."
tulamide

Postby Spogg » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:26 pm

Even better!

Maybe that’s what could happen with FS4, in which case Maik’s approach of letting anyone in to play with it is the best way forward.

I do wonder what Malc’s vision is for the business model though. I wonder if he even cares!

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby TeslaTronik » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:59 pm

is there a way to get this 64 bit version of flowstone, i dont have a facebook to join the group (never have) but i purchased SM and FS and i'm very sad to not be able to use it anymore for lack of 64bit support.
TeslaTronik

Postby Spogg » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:08 pm

TeslaTronik wrote:is there a way to get this 64 bit version of flowstone, i dont have a facebook to join the group (never have) but i purchased SM and FS and i'm very sad to not be able to use it anymore for lack of 64bit support.

Here's the info provided by tulamide copied from our Facebook page:

For everyone of you interested in helping out in the development of Flowstone 4, here's the Slack Invite that Maik provides. Follow the rules, be civil, happy bug tracking :)
This is an invitation link for the slack group, not a link to the alpha. Ask in the general chat for access, please :)

New invitation link, please let me know if it works!
https://join.slack.com/t/flowstone-supp ... jU3YjAxNzc
Spogg

Next

Return to General