Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Flowstone wishlist

For general discussion related FlowStone

Flowstone wishlist

Postby Spogg » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:45 pm

Hi all

I don't know if this is a worthy topic but I thought that maybe the developers might like to get some idea as to what users would like to see next in the app. There is already a massive thread about 64 bit but I feel that's a single issue and I thought it might be useful to list what features would be helpful and nice to have.

I'll kick off with my biggest wish: wireless connections.

When I came to FS I presumed that I could establish a Wireless link from anyhwere to anywhere else, just by selecting the output signal type and choosing a unique name. Well, I was puzzled to find that this is not the case.
SO, I would love this to be corrected so I can wirelessly connect any point to any other point anywhere in the schematic please. I would find this a great time saver and very convenient.

EDIT: There would need to be a new and additional type of Wireless Connector. The exiting type would have to be retained for backwards compatibility and in-module usage. What I propose would be a Global Wireless connector type. Maybe call it Wireless -g :lol:

Cheers

Spogg
Last edited by Spogg on Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spogg

Re: Flowstone wishlist

Postby KG_is_back » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:46 pm

+1 for global wireless links. However, I understand why they are not added yet. Suppose you use a module, that uses global wireless... and you add two copies. They will interfere with each other, and also other global wireless links that happen to have same name. Maybe they should also add "wireless roof" for the link, that you put in the topmost module, name it with same unique name (or support it as string) and the prim will block the links to propagate outside that module (limiting it to child modules).

here are my few wishes:

1. Fix Ruby multi-thread processing! I've already submitted this to Malc... Ruby interpreter only runs, when ruby components receive triggers. If you create secondary threads, they will be paused if no Ruby component is triggered (which kills any point of using threads for background processing). Malc has promised to have a look at it, so that secondary threads may run even if main thread is not triggered.

2. improve bitmap related stuff in ruby mainly pixel get and set functions and add color matrix support. The stuff is already available in green. I know ruby (and flowstone in general) is not the best software to process bitmaps, but sometimes it doesn't hurt to be able to access individual pixels.

3. mouse wheel support. This is a big one. It basically adds another axis to mouse interaction. You can use mouse position to point at knobs and scroll mouse wheel to change value. The GUI is much more user friendly that way, because your (real-world) mouse position and cursor position stay aligned. Also I need mouse wheel to control zooming in some situations, to name just few: Piano-Roll, audio-editor (like a DAW), map view in strategy games and various image / map inspectors. Not to mention usual scrolling of views, between tabs, between tools (ever tried to play CS1.6 without mouse wheel? ).

If I had to pick just one, it would definitely be the mouse wheel support!
KG_is_back

Postby Nubeat7 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:44 pm

Spogg wrote:..about 64 bit but I feel that's a single issue and I thought it might be useful to list what features would be helpful and nice to have.

this should have priority because i think its not a single issue, it is a massive issue and by far one of the most important to save the future of FS, adding any other features before will just delay and complicate the implementation of 64 bit support...and how the last few updates has shown it will introduce new bugs to fix what again needs another 3 updates to fix them, what btw is another thing on my whishlist, to have faster bugfixes, i really would prefer smaller updates which fix just one or 2 bugs then always waiting months for the next version which has 10 bugfixes and introduces some new features which bring some other new bugs with it :roll:

it should be updated to vst 3, and in best case be plattform independent,

about ruby, an easy use of 3rd party libraries and gems would be a big advantage
better debugging functions and line numbers please (i know i'm repeating things from other threads :roll: )

about genaral use, you know the function for float,int,string,bool where you can select them with a rightclick, this would also be useful for other primitives like +,-,*,/,% or for the comparing primitives ==,>,<,>=,<=

+1 for mousewheel
Nubeat7

Postby tulamide » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:55 am

+1 for mousewheel support
+1 for fixing multi-thread processing
+1 for easy supporting Ruby gems (KG: image processing would be an ease then, there are great gems for that)

One of my first questions back then was about "gem install". Everything that makes Ruby so valuable is so easy to use with the (normally integrated) gem system. But it requires a full Ruby install, so I set this on my wishlist:

1. Support for full Ruby installation.
2. Update to newest 2.x version of Ruby (those are much faster than 1.9.3)
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby martinvicanek » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:23 pm

Above all, stabilize it, please. These frequent crashes are annoying when you try to focus on a development project.
martinvicanek

Postby CoreStylerz » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:36 am

In my opinion stability and compatibility with today market requirements. (ie 64bit, VST3 and maybe other OS)
Need my support for app development, website or custom scripts?
PM me if you are interested.
Experienced Java, J2EE, PHP, Javascript, Angular, Cloud Solutions developer.
CoreStylerz

Postby Spogg » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:12 pm

Another thing I would like in the next toolbox is a range of scalable (vector based?) knobs and controls.
It would be nice have the facility to see the same design at different sizes on my front panel. Maybe also a vector-based editor or in-knob facility for making a custom design.
Knobman is a great app IMO but it would be SO nice to just work inside Flowstone. I imagine the Robotics crew would appreciate this too...?

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:56 pm

And another thing...

Having done battle with (and lost) trying to use a selector to turn off big Mono sections to save CPU, I could use a CPU OFF module: Anything to the left of this module could be disabled with a Bool Gate input. When turned ON the stream would pass through and the CPU would process the stuff to the module's left.
I have no idea if this is feasible, and ok for a VST or exe export, but the alternative is a Selector module that works as I would expect!

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby djbrynte » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:04 pm

Reduce Loadingtimes (Specially when its Wave arrays)
Reduce CPU (Specially when its more then 1 voice/Also including unison)
djbrynte

Postby MyCo » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:39 pm

Spogg wrote:Having done battle with (and lost) trying to use a selector to turn off big Mono sections to save CPU, I could use a CPU OFF module: Anything to the left of this module could be disabled with a Bool Gate input. When turned ON the stream would pass through and the CPU would process the stuff to the module's left.

That's actually exactly what the selector does. :mrgreen:
MyCo

Next

Return to General