Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Flowstone wishlist

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Flowstone wishlist

Postby tulamide » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:23 am

Wassaka wrote:My wishlist
1. Implementation: Automatic folder reading option (drop-down list) for loading presets, wavetables etc ... eg: Filter an extension (.txt) and search it in the subfolders of the selected folder. The subfolders will appear as a "group (<<, >>)" and the files (.txt) will appear as items in the droplist. (this list will be updated if a new folder is created).

I was allowed to share it. Follow this link and leave a message. Thanks to you-know-who for giving consent to share it!

http://www.dsprobotics.com/support/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6556
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Spogg » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:15 am

tulamide wrote:
Spogg wrote:Yet another example of how you can put the flowstone pieces together to make amazing stuff.

Credits to FS where credits are due. But I think this is a better example of a guy with high programming skills and brilliant ideas! (All the elements where there for everyone, incl. me and you. But MyCo is the one who realized how to use them together)

Oh yes for sure this is down to Myco's vision, understanding and skills. A bit like Martin "just" using bits of DSP code to create his amazing stuff.

I made the comment about Flowstone because Myco's design showed me something that can be done with Prims that I didn't think was available to us at the moment. One might think that visual programming is ultimately limited by the elements available but the literally inifinte ways of using these elements together demonstrates that these limitations, in the case of FS, are very few.

I would add that a single Prim like I proposed would still be nice though. It could be optimised and have a range of transitions available and be quick and easy to use.

EDIT: Could this be done in Ruby?

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby tulamide » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:52 am

Spogg wrote:EDIT: Could this be done in Ruby?

Pretty much. For a reason I don't understand, the bitmap class in Ruby isn't documented. One can create a new one, but the argument requested is a string, so I guess it is a data string. However, one can't draw directly to it within Ruby, that needs an external link.
tulamide

Postby aronb » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:42 pm

Speaking of Ruby... :idea:

Can we PLEASE PLEASE have the ability to use Ruby Gems - PLEASE... It would open up an entire new world of possibilities to Flowstone!!!

I think having the ability to use Gems would benefit everyone in the community. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RubyGems for more detail, and/or to learn more and start exploring the possibilities this could give to all of us.

Also, the documentation of Ruby in Flowstone could be expanded too. Especially an exact step by step guide to installing new Classes (as well as Gems), how to recompile Ruby (I have no idea if this is what we need) if we need to. This version of Ruby seems to have some subtle differences to "standard" Ruby, and so some cleification is in order - Please :)

Flowstone Rocks - Thanks to all :ugeek: who make this the best development system EVER ! ! !

Aron
http://www.laserlumia.com <-- What I use Flowstone for 8-)
aronb

Postby Youlean » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:10 pm

MyCo wrote:That would be a big one... might be at the complexity of x64 support. Not sure...

I don't believe so, but it depends how Flowstone is implementing characters.

MyCo wrote:How do you want to hook up C++ code without DLL?
The main thing that's bothers me actually is that you can't lock the module so it can't be opened...

MyCo wrote:That sounds easy... I might miss something though :mrgreen:

Well it should be. So it would be awesome if we can get mem in/out for dll, and a blue connections please!
Youlean

Postby stw » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:03 am

aronb wrote:http://www.laserlumia.com <-- What I use Flowstone for 8-)

Hi Aron,
this is pretty cool 8-)
What exactly are you doing with Flowstone in that environment?
stw

Postby martinvicanek » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:40 pm

MyCo wrote:
martinvicanek wrote:A reliable way of accessing memory from assembly (code optional). In other words: a memin that does not produce random crashes. Or maybe the current memin implementation just needs better documentation?

That was added in the betas already and should work:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3861&p=21277

I know but when I was testing it I got random crashes all the time. It was so frustrating I gave up.
MyCo wrote:
martinvicanek wrote:Possibility of writing 16 Byte aligned data to memory (which could then be accessed from assembly, refer to above).

There is already a float array input on ASM code primitives. See the link above.

Yes but in your demo all SSE channels have the same values. Let's say I have an array of complex mumbers, and I want to pass the real and imaginary parts in SSE channels 0 and 1, respectively. How do I do that? I know there is a hack for creating stereo mems, but not for Mono4 packed mems.
martinvicanek

Postby MyCo » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:36 pm

The Float / Int Array inputs are just for convenience, they contain always the same values on all channels. I don't think we should change that, as it is the most common use case.

However you can use memrefin to read memory as it is, it's also faster as it doesn't have to do the channel duplication stuff that we need for array inputs... it's just raw.

I've added a new demo for this:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3861&p=29899#p29899

And yes I noticed the crashs too, and I added a comment module in the schematic with a todo/consideration note :mrgreen:
MyCo

Postby martinvicanek » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:30 pm

Thanks, MyCo, very helpful! Wasn't aware that we had movups.
martinvicanek

Postby tulamide » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:38 pm

MyCo wrote:
Wassaka wrote:2. Implementation: SF2 Files support.

Hm... TBH I've never used SFZ/SF2, I wouldn't even have files to test it with :mrgreen:

Soundfont 2.04 is based on the RIFF format, just like .wav files. It shouldn't be too hard to implement a reader. Here's the full specification including riff chunks in C notation:
http://freepats.zenvoid.org/sf2/sfspec24.pdf

EDIT: And here's a soundfont 2.04 file http://chusocol.sourceforge.net/index.html

EDIT 2: Or maybe just incorporate the GUI-less, open source FluidSynth (1 MB), which supports all features of soundfonts? https://sourceforge.net/projects/fluidsynth/
tulamide

PreviousNext

Return to General