Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Flowstone wishlist

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Flowstone wishlist

Postby Xtinct » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:05 am

MyCo wrote:
Spogg wrote:Having done battle with (and lost) trying to use a selector to turn off big Mono sections to save CPU, I could use a CPU OFF module: Anything to the left of this module could be disabled with a Bool Gate input. When turned ON the stream would pass through and the CPU would process the stuff to the module's left.

That's actually exactly what the selector does. :mrgreen:

RTFM :roll:
Xtinct

Postby tulamide » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:35 am

Xtinct wrote:
MyCo wrote:
Spogg wrote:Having done battle with (and lost) trying to use a selector to turn off big Mono sections to save CPU, I could use a CPU OFF module: Anything to the left of this module could be disabled with a Bool Gate input. When turned ON the stream would pass through and the CPU would process the stuff to the module's left.

That's actually exactly what the selector does. :mrgreen:

RTFM :roll:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3652&start=0
RTFT :roll:
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby djbrynte » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:21 am

I have another wish that will help all of us here with the plug ins.

EXAMPLE:

When i load sylenth 1 synth it loads in 0.01 second. And then When the project is up. It works like normal. But u dont have any sound from sylenth untill 1 more second has gone. Its because sylenth 1 loads after it have loaded into the daw.

So what i mean is i want an options in flowstone so u can choose if the synth or effect gona load after it has loaded in 0.01 second. That wont make it so bad. I mean it feels like it load faster then :)
djbrynte

Postby tulamide » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:15 pm

djbrynte wrote:...Its because sylenth 1 loads after it have loaded into the daw...
...gona load after it has loaded in 0.01 second...

Do you sometimes read what you write? I don't mind if it sounds harsh: This is such a nonsense. To make it clearer: Take a glass, and fill it with water, after it has been filled. Got it?
What you can do, however, is to outsource everything not needed when the plugin's gui shows up for the first time. This is not the concept of Flowstone and would be a completely new application. So there's no chance to realize this in Flowstone. If you want to do something like Sylenth does, program it in C++, like Sylenth was.
tulamide

Postby MyCo » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:36 pm

djbrynte wrote:When i load sylenth 1 synth it loads in 0.01 second. And then When the project is up. It works like normal. But u dont have any sound from sylenth untill 1 more second has gone. Its because sylenth 1 loads after it have loaded into the daw.

I would consider that as a bug, not a feature. Basically instead of loading it wastes 1 second doing nothing? Probably it's just waiting for an answer from a call to home...
MyCo

Postby djbrynte » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:09 pm

ok what ever. Mybe this could be done already. Some one told me this before. It can be done. I dont think u get the idea.

And

Do u make music your self or only plugs?

If i load Synth in my daw. Or open a new project.

+ U can play till the synth is loaded. ( u can still play around even if not the synth is there )
+ U load faster.
+ Somehow it feels like it goes faster.
+ Lesser Frustration when Flowstone Synths loads very slow.
+ Mybe this could be better if they fix the wave arrays instead?
+ It feels better to open a synth that loads fast realy. Even if it goes behind for 1-2 seconds.
+ The wave arrays make loading time slower then nexus thats realy bad.

Btw i dont know what kind of plugs ur doing. So mybe this is useless for you. I mean an effect compare to a VST synth is diffrent.

So

Is it better if they make Wave arrays faster instead of make the synth load in 0.01 second and then loading 1 second or what ever?

I just tought this could be good idea because i seen this on the pro synths out there.
djbrynte

Postby Xtinct » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:54 am

I think what djbrynte is referring to is a kind of splash screen using the gui of the plug with the menu saying something like loading resources, which makes you think the plug has loaded instantly ;)
Or I could be way off base, it has been known :lol:
Xtinct

Postby tulamide » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:59 am

Xtinct wrote:I think what djbrynte is referring to is a kind of splash screen using the gui of the plug with the menu saying something like loading resources, which makes you think the plug has loaded instantly ;)
Or I could be way off base, it has been known :lol:

I assumed the very same, that's why I told him this:

tulamide wrote:What you can do, however, is to outsource everything not needed when the plugin's gui shows up for the first time. This is not the concept of Flowstone and would be a completely new application. So there's no chance to realize this in Flowstone. If you want to do something like Sylenth does, program it in C++, like Sylenth was.
tulamide

Postby djbrynte » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:55 pm

Tulamide.

Sry for bad explenation. I have dyslexia shit. Its hard always when im trying to say something in forums. Even if im trying to explain detailed i dont get forward what im trying to say and people miss understanding easily.

Its like i wana say this hello i wana make a synth how do i do. Then it become hello Is synths easily to do.

Mybe u understand little. Its like i cant get the word on the exact thing. Like This is the thing but i explain around til u come to the thing i wana say. I dont know what the problem is mate.

But pls have understanding for that.

Its like normal people say something in forum and im reading and reading like 15 times. I need to read ur post 10 times to understand it.

But prob Xtinct would understand it in 1 reading. Its whay i learn more easy on images or videos. WHen i read it likes u need to sort out the info. And then put the things around togheter to make it be correct.

Btw yes that was something i mean xtinct.

Let me try explain one more time. I mean when i load sylenth 1. THe synth loads fast. But its like an image u cant make any sound on it. Untill 1 second after when synth is loaded.

It feels better when it is like this. Because everything load fast. But u can still play in the DAW. But no sound just this little 1 second.

This is an idea because many pro vsts use it. Even Nexus 2.

It just feels better when everything load fast. This idea i had because normaly flowstone synths or effects is slow to load. The program/DAW Freeze when loading projects. ANd u say to your sell what a heck.

And i tought its prob hard to fix this loading time in flowstone. If u dont make very small things.

So prob its hard to fix the wave arrays or alot of stuff. And this could be a solution for it. It at least feels much better when u make music.

I dont know why it is like that. But if i open a project and its sylenth 1 and then wtf why isent it playing u thinking and then takes 1-2 second depends on how many synths u have. It still feels better u dont get same frustration. But when u load project and takes alot of seconds before it opens u thinking this is shit. I dont know why it just is like that. At least for me.

Ofc tulamide its just if it will work in flowstone. I dont know if it does or not. If its impossible to fix then we have to live with slow loadingtimes :)
djbrynte

Postby djbrynte » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:43 am

Sry for this double post but i have one more wish here.

We need a flowstone shop. I know we talked about it before. I can try to help make a site. Best would be if corestyler do this hes realy pro on making sites.

The idea is. All modules we wana sell we make a txt document with license file credits stuff and more.

Also this must be safe so u cant hax it. Mybe some kind of locker code in module that generates a number. If this is not against the rules would be very good for all people who have made very good modules. Nubeat is one of them. Hes good at making stuff i know.

Something like guru site. I would be personaly very intrested in this. And buy modules. alos coded modules that make cpu much better.

Im thinking mybe if tulamide or xtinct make a module like unison with low cpu. and a price like mybe 25-50 euro for this. It would be very intresting for me to buy this if its realy use very little cpu.

I think this could be very fun for many people who use flowstone to get the modules they want. If they r not deep coders.
Im not a deep coder im prob a newb compare to tulamide and xtinct.

I think this could be intresting for people also to get flowstone because its alot of modules to get.

Only thing i think is why people would say hmm. Is because of none 64 bit support. For me i dont care if its 32 or 64 because i can use both. But in future i hope there will be a 64 bit support. Will make it so more fun and people will easy buy 64 bit flowstone products.

I think this prob have stopped many for doing more plugs because people r not intrested.

Sry also i must mention myco. He made like alot of modules i know into this product. I always give him credits in my Modules.

I think this would be fun for myco also whos a realy awesome at making modules. Like a shop so he get some feedback for hes products :)

I had an idea before i asked malc about.

Why cant FS team or malc make an in built bridge that works correct. So under the wait time for 64 bit support we can still run 32 bit on 64 bit. For example u choose 32 bit or 64 bit bridge when export.

Or mybe an module that helps. This could be one of the modules in the shop? i dont know what u think guys.
Let me know if this is good or realy bad ;)

Btw the comunity here is like much better then synth edit. Here is at least some people :P
djbrynte

PreviousNext

Return to General