Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Flowstone wishlist

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Flowstone wishlist

Postby tester » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:01 am

Solve some problems with GUI.

One is related to exe files, and in general on handling screen resolution.

1) If content is bigger than the screen, and no "fit" option is used, then there should be some sort of scrollbars. Also, some resizability of the main window would be appreciated to that.

2) currently, if the exported app is bigger than screen resolution, then making the fullscreen with "fit" - bounces the app to windowed mode with unrefreshedn background of "fit" version.
Need to take a break? I have something right for you.
Feel free to donate. Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Postby Walter Sommerfeld » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:47 pm

I'll second that! :

Please add the SF2 Soundfont Format!!!

http://www.dsprobotics.com/support/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3597&p=29902&hilit=soundfont#p29902

Keep on doing!
Walter
Walter Sommerfeld

Postby Spogg » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:21 pm

We already have a view Transform prim (x and y positions) and a view Rotate prim and even a view Loop prim.
What I would like is a view Zoom prim:

Anything connected to the view output will be re-sized:

5 green inputs:
X zoom factor, Y zoom factor, X offset, Y offset, Interpolation type (if needed).
A luxury would also be an Area input to specify which part of the view is to be re-sized.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby RJHollins » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:25 pm

Hi Spogg ...

What does the EXEZoom prim do ?
RJHollins

Postby Spogg » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:26 pm

RJHollins wrote:Hi Spogg ...

What does the EXEZoom prim do ?

I believe that's for exported executables for the whole GUI.
Spogg

Postby fixstuff555 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:13 pm

I want a Flowstone that's not dead. :(
fixstuff555

Postby Spogg » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:50 am

fixstuff555 wrote:I want a Flowstone that's not dead. :(

Just be patient and remember Lazarus and that Phoenix bird :lol:
Spogg

Postby tulamide » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:57 pm

Spogg wrote:We already have a view Transform prim (x and y positions) and a view Rotate prim and even a view Loop prim.
What I would like is a view Zoom prim:

Anything connected to the view output will be re-sized:

5 green inputs:
X zoom factor, Y zoom factor, X offset, Y offset, Interpolation type (if needed).
A luxury would also be an Area input to specify which part of the view is to be re-sized.

Cheers

Spogg

This is actually scaling. And I doubt it will be implemented, for the following reason: A view is technically a clipped area of a bitmap, you're drawing into. But it is coupled with mouse interaction ability. Any automatic scaling would require automatic "scaling" of mouse interaction as well. And that is difficult. It is simpler for the developer who works on the schematic to decide, how the mouse moves/clicks/drags should be interpreted than for a generic algorithm.

However, you already have all you need to implement "zooming" yourself. There's a prim that allows to draw to a bitmap. Use that one instead of the view. Then draw the resulting bitmap to the view, using an area, that you scale according to your needs (200% zoom = double the area, etc.) The bitmap is automatically scaled to fit the area it is drawn to.

Then change the interpretation of the mouse activities (if there are any) to accommodate to the new dimensions.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Spogg » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:03 pm

A valid point about the mouse scaling tulamide.
But maybe you could also scale the mouse dpi too in accordance with the scaling factors…? So one mouse increment would translate to a larger or smaller pixel distance.

I’m out of my depth with the technical restrictions but I thought that such a prim would be useful because I just needed it! I worked around it by duplicating my module at 4x the horizontal size, then switched views for a fixed zoom and scrolled using horizontal transform. It’s served its purpose well for my schematic, but it’s hardly a generic solution.

BTW I was aware of the bitmap options; I just wanted some of that functionality directly for Views. Maybe, as you say, it’s not possible or reasonable.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby aronb » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:13 am

Hi,

Here are few things I have been thinking about:

1) Ability to send the current schematic via email from the top toolbar. If I want to send my current schematic to someone via email, I simply click an email icon, fill in the sender, add some comments or a message and send.

2) Ability to password protect a module or lock it to a single machine (or a plain memory stick or key on a special USB dongle?). We could make both a free and a paid marketplace for modules. People who create these modules can make a few dollars and still keep their IP safe. They can still give a key away to open the module for editing and use. There could be a master key from that creator (everything he/she makes opens up) or a per module key (only one module opens for a given key). People may be willing to share more complex modules if they know their IP is protected.

3) Ability to print a schematic. Zoom to a view or the whole thing. Multi-page or a single page on a paper size of your choosing - standard or custom.

My 2 cents... ;)

Aron
aronb

PreviousNext

Return to General