Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Flowstone wishlist

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Flowstone wishlist

Postby BobF » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:17 pm

Hello again,

How about blutooth send and receive support?
The ability to rotate primes.
The ability to change lines to any color temporarily for better viewing of complex schematics.
The ability to use any free dll.
Usb support.
External copy and paste support.
The ability to convert c++ to ASM or Ruby.
Support (primes)for low level electronics components, resistors, caps, diodes, transistors, fets, etc..

I know I went crazy here, but why not wish? I will probably even think of more later.

Cheers, BobF.....
BobF

Postby Nubeat7 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:01 pm

BobF wrote:Hello again,

How about blutooth send and receive support?
The ability to rotate primes.
The ability to change lines to any color temporarily for better viewing of complex schematics.
The ability to use any free dll.
Usb support.
External copy and paste support.
The ability to convert c++ to ASM or Ruby.
Support (primes)for low level electronics components, resistors, caps, diodes, transistors, fets, etc..

I know I went crazy here, but why not wish? I will probably even think of more later.

Cheers, BobF.....

it would be great when FS could spit out c++ code for the stream part, like this you could use the code in other environments like juce and do the graphics there...

max/msp has a similar function
Nubeat7

Postby BobF » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:12 pm

Messages to Malc and MyCo can go a long way!
BobF

Postby MyCo » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:07 pm

I don't think that's even possible... You can do stuff in assembler that would be extremly hard to do in C/C++. You can try to build this yourself anyway by just translating the ASM output into C/C++. Even from inside FS we wouldn't have another way of doing that.
MyCo

Postby tulamide » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:25 am

MyCo,

I'm not sure if this was mentioned before, so I beg your pardon if it is redundant:
Flowstone's tag/category system is unreliable. From one day to another you can lose all of the references, which results in prims and modules only being accessible if you know its name and search for it, or if you use list options like "all prims" or "all modules" and scroll through the long list.

I know there are workarounds, but for one they are complicated and also I think it shouldn't happen that you need to use them at all.

Please have a look into it, just to see if you can do something.

Thanks!
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Spogg » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:50 am

tulamide wrote:Flowstone's tag/category system is unreliable.

+1 here.

I have to make regular backups of the flowstone folder so I can restore the tags from time to time. I think this can sometimes happen if Flowstone crashes or runs out of memory.

Now the memory issue is another point:

In all other apps I've used, once you Save or Save as, there is no longer an option for undo, until you make new edits. In FS you can still undo after saving.
In a long session, with a big schematic and lots of edits, I eventually get an Out of Memory message. I'm no programmer but I think FS is filling memory with lots of schematic images to allow undo. It may be worth changing the behaviour so that a Save operation clears the temporary stuff from memory. Alternatively it might be good to be able to define the number of undo stages recorded, like you can already define the number of recent files opened.

At the moment my work-around is to close Flowstone sometimes, after saving, then re-open and carry on. Since I started doing that I've had no Out of Memory issues.
I'm used to this now but newcomers may get a bad impression of FS' stability.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:29 pm

It would be nice if we could share .hom module files, drag them into the modules user folder and then have a button or even a small application to re-scan and add them, or even an auto-scan at startup option.
Like when you add a VST plugin to a DAW.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby BobF » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:32 pm

Hello once again,

Ok, how about just the ability to use C/C++ period!

Please more video/cam primes.

The use of quad audio cards.

I know, still wishful thinking.

Cheers, BobF.....
BobF

Postby BobF » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:05 pm

Ok, I have another one that I think would be very usefull. The ability to cut , paste, and exchange primes. Let's sat you have primes 1 thru 10 and they are all the same and now you changed your mind and want to use a different prime. Maybe you chose a 6db filter and now you want 12db. Select the first 10 and exchange them with the new one. Of course ins and out would pretty much have to be the same.
BobF

Postby tulamide » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:40 pm

Would it be possible to directly access a mem block from within Ruby? Scenario:

There's some wave sample as a mem and you use Ruby frames to pass data to blue. Currently, one would need to convert from mem to green float array, then to Ruby array, then to frame and pass it. With a direct approach the conversions aren't needed anymore (speedup) and I'd just assign something like mem[0, 127] to the frame (where 0 would be the start pointer in mem and 127 the block length to be copied to frame.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

PreviousNext

Return to General