Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Flowstone wishlist

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Flowstone wishlist

Postby aronb » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:37 am

stw wrote:
aronb wrote:http://www.laserlumia.com <-- What I use Flowstone for 8-)

Hi Aron,
this is pretty cool 8-)
What exactly are you doing with Flowstone in that environment?

stw,

I use Flowstone to create ALL of the signals used to control the laser graphics system or "Laser Projector" to create all of the images you see on my website.

The signals (X, Y, Z, axis plus RGB color) are generated by custom quadrature oscillators and modifiers, DSP time manipulators, and such, then output via an 8 channel ASIO device with the output being DC coupled in order to produce the required signals... which need to be from DC up to about 5Khz for the X Y Axis Laser Scanning channels, and up to / and beyond 20Khz for the RGB color channels.

I have been building and designing laser systems for the entertainment industry since about 1978 professionally till today - I just love :D the art form! It is a bit like creating audio synths, but visuals act very different than sound, but the great thing is the frequency spectrum is almost the same, but with the need to go down to DC as mentioned above. There are a few other big differences but difficult to explain in this environment - I need to write up a short paper ;) on this!

Flowstone is just a magnificent / wonderful tool for creating laser images!

Aron

P.S. I have so much more to create, stay tuned...
aronb

Postby Spogg » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:30 am

Lovely and wonderful displays Aron!

My guess is that you wouldn't want to share your schematics but if you do I'd be fascinated to study them.

Can I ask, is the Z axis you mention the brightness parameter or is that done by the RGB value (on a scope Z is the brightness modulation)? Or do you create x,y,z then map onto 2 dimensions?
One issue I found with my Lissajou stuff was "flyback", i.e. to suppress the display as it looped back to the start position. I see from your spiral sphere that there's no flyback visible...

Brilliant and unusual use of Flowstone btw and may I link to your site on the Flowstoners site please?

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby BobF » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:30 am

Hello Aronb,

I second Spogg, I also would really like to see your schematics. I am also very interested in this kind of art even though I have not worked with lasers, I have done a lot with computers, scopes, led projectors, and mechanics. Much like my Lissajous art done with Flowstone.

Cheers, BobF.....
BobF

Postby Walter Sommerfeld » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:41 pm

And again and again...

Multi Touch is really a must today!

...only drag one slider at a time is not enough nowadays!

In Home automation, mixers, effects even in a Synth etc.

For years now u can get Tablets, Multi Touch Monitors or AIO-Systems with this feature built in (i have all of them) but i cannot use one of them :(

btw. Win 8 + 10 supports them natively!

Walter
Walter Sommerfeld

Postby MyCo » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:44 pm

Please send a Multitouch windows 10 device my way :mrgreen: Surface Studio would be nice, than I could add the surface dial too
MyCo

Postby MyCo » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:50 pm

DaveyBoy wrote:Midi Clock send & receive.... or am I missing something?

MIdi clock support was added, in fact you can send and receive all midi messages now. But I haven't added a new primitive for this, you have to interpret the messages on user side. Not sure if a primitve makes sense so, as the messages beside MTC are just clock signals. I might add a primitve for MTC though, as this could be a bit more tedious to add in user space.
MyCo

Postby Spogg » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:22 pm

Sometimes it's nice to have a Prim whose function could be achieved using lots of existing stuff, like the View transition thing I mentioned. Not only is it easier, quicker to use and more elegant but it allows the possibility of the function being optimised in the Prim. It also provides functionality for new users that they may not have the skills to create themselves so easily.

Just saying ;)

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby BobF » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:10 pm

Hello gang,

How about Sound font support (sf2)?

It'seems an industry standard.

Thanks, BobF.....
BobF

Postby DaveyBoy » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:36 pm

MyCo wrote:

MIdi clock support was added, in fact you can send and receive all midi messages now.......

That's excellent news.

I have managed to successfully send clock, start, stop & continue with ruby but it gets processor hungry at higher tempos, can't find any way to get clock into flowstone though. Can't wait for 3.0.9 :D

Big thank you from me
DaveyBoy

Postby Walter Sommerfeld » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:27 pm

Please send a Multitouch windows 10 device my way

I have a MT-Monitor 4U ;-)

...send me ur address!

But u can get a cheap Tablet online...
then send the bill 2 malc ;)
Walter Sommerfeld

PreviousNext

Return to General