Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Flowstone wishlist

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Flowstone wishlist

Postby lalalandsynth » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:36 am

I have found that I have wanted a floating window with various controls when building.

Just a floating window where you can place readouts , knobs, switches etc , would save a lot of jumping around the schematic.
lalalandsynth

Req: DS vs ASIO

Postby Walter Sommerfeld » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:48 pm

If u have both DS and ASIO prims in ur schematic it would be nice to have an indicator (from the Audio Devices prim) what of these I/O's are the Direct Sound and which one are the ASIO's...

In this list the Audio 4 to Traktor Kontrol Z2 are also ASIO(dummy) ones:
Primärer Soundtreiber
VoiceMeeter Input (VB-Audio VoiceMeeter VAIO)
HD Audio HDMI out (VIA HD Audio(Win 10))
Lautsprecher (SINN7 Status24|96 2.9.15)
Hi-Fi Cable Input (VB-Audio Hi-Fi Cable)
AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Definition Audio Device)
Lautsprecher (NoMachine Microphone Adapter)
VoiceMeeter Aux Input (VB-Audio VoiceMeeter AUX VAIO)
Lautsprecher (VIA HD Audio(Win 10))
Audio 4 DJ
Audio 8 DJ
Sinn7 Status24|96
Traktor Audio 10
Traktor Audio 2
Traktor Audio 2 MK2
Traktor Audio 6
Traktor Kontrol S2
Traktor Kontrol S2 MK2
Traktor Kontrol S4
Traktor Kontrol S4 MK2
Traktor Kontrol S5
Traktor Kontrol S8
Traktor Kontrol Z1
Traktor Kontrol Z2
Voicemeeter AUX Virtual ASIO
Voicemeeter Insert Virtual ASIO
Voicemeeter Virtual ASIO
Walter Sommerfeld

Postby Nubeat7 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:26 pm

lalalandsynth wrote:I have found that I have wanted a floating window with various controls when building.

Just a floating window where you can place readouts , knobs, switches etc , would save a lot of jumping around the schematic.

i think this is also a question of structuring your project, if it is well structured there is much less jump arounds.
for example i have all my controls on the second layer using wireless connections, here you could also create some test controls, and if you implement a new parameter you could use this testcontrol on the surface...

but i think a split workspace screen would be a really good idea so you could open 1,2 or 4 modules at the same time...
which could improve the workflow a lot
Nubeat7

Assembler language enhancement

Postby martinvicanek » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:43 am

It would be useful to have ebx with the same valid operations as eax in assembler. With FS 3.0.8.1 only a small subset of operations will work:
Code: Select all
// supported ebx operations in FS 3.0.8.1
push ebx;
pop ebx;
mov ebx,16;
mov ebx,int[0];   // with int being integer
mov ebx,eax;
movd ebx,xmm1;
cmp eax,ebx;
add eax,ebx;
sub eax,ebx;

The following operations would be nice to have in addition:
Code: Select all
// unsupported ebx operations in FS 3.0.8.1
mov eax,ebx;          // no error but does nothing
movaps mem[ebx],xmm0;
movaps xmm0,mem[ebx];
add ebx,1;            // no syntax error indication but crashes
and eax,ebx;
Last edited by martinvicanek on Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
martinvicanek

Postby MyCo » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:29 am

3.0.9b1/2 versions support all x86 registers and most of the x86/SSE/SSE2 instructions. Only register you should be carefull with is "ebp" as this is the base address for variables.
MyCo

Postby martinvicanek » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:37 am

Cool, MyCo! Any indication regarding possible release date of FS 3.0.9?
martinvicanek

Postby Spogg » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:53 am

I tried to save a preset with a ? in its name. I got the Windows save dialogue but it wouldn’t save. Then I realised that ? is an illegal character in the file name which is derived from the preset name.

It would be nice if there was a warning, or a substitution like underscore, or simply a blocking of illegal characters. I do realise I could have changed the file name for the preset, but I was puzzled for a while.

Low priority but would be nice.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby tulamide » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:44 am

Spogg wrote:I tried to save a preset with a ? in its name. I got the Windows save dialogue but it wouldn’t save. Then I realised that ? is an illegal character in the file name which is derived from the preset name.

It would be nice if there was a warning, or a substitution like underscore, or simply a blocking of illegal characters. I do realise I could have changed the file name for the preset, but I was puzzled for a while.

Cheers

Spogg

As an advocatus diaboli I would like to say that this is a typical application while developing with Flowstone. There's everything you need to create such a routine yourself. At least with Ruby. It isn't very complex. And before you ask: Yes, I might create a method for char substituting, I'm just not sure when I will have the time.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby tulamide » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:14 am

Spogg wrote:I tried to save a preset with a ? in its name. I got the Windows save dialogue but it wouldn’t save. Then I realised that ? is an illegal character in the file name which is derived from the preset name.

Cheers

Spogg

Here you are:
http://www.dsprobotics.com/support/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8422
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Spogg » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:35 pm

I guess this is more of a bug report but it would be great if it could be fixed:

When developing a schematic I frequently get a single module how I want it, then copy and paste for the amount I need. I find sometimes, all too often, that one or more of the pasted versions are defective. This happens whether I Paste Synchronised or just Paste normal. It can happen early on in development, when the schematic size is small, or later when it’s grown huge. It can be any pasted copy, the ones affected seem random.

Now that I know this happens I can find the issue much more quickly and paste another copy to replace the defective one. Also I always fully test every pasted module just in case, and never assume it worked fine.

The pasted defect has no pattern to it; I’ve had defective stream and green stuff and strange invisible connections between controls. If anything, it's a bit more likely to be a selector, but not by a large probability. I never found a pattern.

Anyone else had this?

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

PreviousNext

Return to General