Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

EqualizerAPO

For general discussion related FlowStone

EqualizerAPO

Postby steph_tsf » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:52 pm

Hi, I went on SoundForge, seeing how EqualizerAPO does. It does very well. There are 37,240 downloads per week, mostly 64-bit. One can insert a VST plugin .dll into the EqualizerAPO audio pipeline. EqualizerAPO can execute such VST plugin .dll in two different modes : the "normal" mode, and the "embed" mode. The application must not bypass the system effect infrastructure (APIs like ASIO or WASAPI exclusive mode can not be used).
Can somebody provide an example of a VST plugin compiled by Flowstone, duly inserted into the EqualizerAPO audio pipeline?
Can such VST plugin consist into one VU-meter showing the volume of mike jack, along with two VU-meters showing the volumes of the left and right speakers? One need a single VST, able to process the "inputs" and the "outputs". The aim is to embed a dual-channel FFT Analyzer VST plugin (of course compiled by Flowstone) into the EqualizerAPO audio pipeline, allowing the Windows PC to embed a dual-channel FFT analyzer, computing the FFT of the line-in cinch, divided by the FFT of the line-out cinch. One could add a delay line for trying restoring a proper time-alignment, for the phase measurement to remain exact.
steph_tsf

Re: EqualizerAPO

Postby juha_tp » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:19 pm

Unfortunately,
- VST support is quite limited ATM (basic features supported, ... metering isn't "yet" possible).

Fortunately,
- there's this integration with VB-Audio's Voicemeeter (I prefer BANANA version) so you be able to monitor I/O levels there... (and also route signal to any VST hosting software from there as well) ... and even use ASIO/KS/WASAPIex output with EqualizerAPO features enabled...).
juha_tp

Postby steph_tsf » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:40 am

Flowstone being solely dedicated to Windows, there is a moral obligation consisting in compiling a Windows "Audio Processing Object" (APO) operating as stereo copy to ASIO, leaving all audio DSP, front panel display, and front panel control to Flowstone.

The great idea is that a .fsm that's exploiting a ASIO branch that's emanating from a APO, natively becomes guaranteed to run system-wide whatever the origin of the sound : Youtube, Foobar, Media Player Classic, etc.

Speaking of a laptop computer, the built-in soundcard (RealTek HD Audio) must remain active. This way, the built-in mike and built-in stereo speakers (or headphones) remain active. In the same vein, Bluetooth headphones must still be used. In case the laptop PC is used as home-theater, one must be able to select HDMI as audio device (eight PCM channels), for connecting the laptop computer to a HDMI-enabled 5.1 audio amplifier acting as HDMI selector and repeater.

Consider the following example.
The aim is to rely on such laptop computer, also as Stereo Audiophile Station.
For this, we add a ASIO subsystem (role of VAC), we copy the stereo audio to a ASIO branch (role of the APO), we implement a 2-way stereo crossover (role of Flowstone), and we hook a Behringer UMC404HD USB soundcard as play device, along with its ASIO driver.
You install the Behringer UMC404HD ASIO driver.
You install VAC (Virtual Audio Cable)
You design a .fsm.
It embeds the ASIO-in block.
It grabs the stereo audio that's made available by the APO.
It splits such stereo audio into four audio channels for implementing a stereo 2-way crossover and equalizer.
It embeds the ASIO-out block.
It transfers the four audio channels to the four analog outputs of the Behringer UMC404HD USB soundcard.
It doesn't exploit the four analog inputs of the Behringer UMC404HD USB soundcard.
You let Flowstone compile such .fsm as .exe that you add on the Windows "startup" program list.

Please note, VAC (Virtual Audio Cable) remains required :
- for telling that the ASIO source is the APO (instead of the Behringer UMC404HD ADCs)
- for telling that the ASIO sink is the Behringer UMC404HD DACs

Can somebody tell if what I am envisioning is feasible?
Any comment welcome.
steph_tsf

Postby trogluddite » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:02 am

If I've understood correctly, I don't think it would work. FlowStone is limited to using a single audio driver, as it's the only way to ensure sample-clock synchronisation, so it's ASIO sink and source have to be the same device. Whether there's a sneaky way to do it using VAC as FlowStone sink/source, I can't say as I haven't used it, but it's the only possible workaround that I can think of.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby chjan » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:36 pm

I wonder if EAPO (most unfortunately) is only 64bit (VST30), while FS is only 32bit (vst24). I did the same survey last year and this is what I found. Anyone that could confirm this?

steph_tsf wrote:Hi, I went on SoundForge, seeing how EqualizerAPO does. It does very well. There are 37,240 downloads per week, mostly 64-bit. One can insert a VST plugin .dll into the EqualizerAPO audio pipeline. EqualizerAPO can execute such VST plugin .dll in two different modes : the "normal" mode, and the "embed" mode. The application must not bypass the system effect infrastructure (APIs like ASIO or WASAPI exclusive mode can not be used).
Can somebody provide an example of a VST plugin compiled by Flowstone, duly inserted into the EqualizerAPO audio pipeline?
Can such VST plugin consist into one VU-meter showing the volume of mike jack, along with two VU-meters showing the volumes of the left and right speakers? One need a single VST, able to process the "inputs" and the "outputs". The aim is to embed a dual-channel FFT Analyzer VST plugin (of course compiled by Flowstone) into the EqualizerAPO audio pipeline, allowing the Windows PC to embed a dual-channel FFT analyzer, computing the FFT of the line-in cinch, divided by the FFT of the line-out cinch. One could add a delay line for trying restoring a proper time-alignment, for the phase measurement to remain exact.
chjan

Postby juha_tp » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:45 pm

chjan wrote:I wonder if EAPO (most unfortunately) is only 64bit (VST30), while FS is only 32bit (vst24). I did the same survey last year and this is what I found. Anyone that could confirm this?

Both 32-bit and 64-bit OS's and VST's are supported (the plugin's architecture has to match the OS architecture).
https://sourceforge.net/projects/equali ... les/1.2.1/
juha_tp

Return to General