Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

HELP PLEASE

For general discussion related FlowStone

HELP PLEASE

Postby BobF » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:36 pm

Hello all,

Ok, I know this is NOT a computer forum, but I have a really weird problem. I went to backup my FSM files yesterday to my external hard drive. No problem, but when I went to look at the folder about one third of them where missing. I then looked in my computers C:\program files\DSPRobotics\Flowstone folder and one third gone there also. The weird thing is I can see and load them via FL Studio with NO problem. I just can NOT see them in there standard directory (C:\program files\DSPRobotics\Flowstone). Anyone have an idea how to fix this really strange one?

Many, many thanks in advance if you can HELP me with this strange problem.

Later then, BobF.....
BobF

Re: HELP PLEASE

Postby tulamide » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:12 pm

First thing would be to find out, where FL Studio loads them from. If you're sure it's still the same named files, start a search for one of them to find their new home. Some applications have a routine that automatically tries to resolve paths if the actual one isn't valid anymore. Maybe FL Studio does so.

I don't know how a third of some copied files could disappear, other than being moved instead of copied (when using drag&drop but letting the mouse up happen before the destination was reached)
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby ErvSoft » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:25 am

my question: ¿ how can i make up an interrupted job ? ¿ Is there a place where the file changes are saved? ¿ Any recovery file :cry: ?

2021-01-03 22_31_20-.jpg
FS 3.0.6
2021-01-03 22_31_20-.jpg (54.72 KiB) Viewed 12136 times

I think it happened due to the excessive consumption of Ram memory
because FS 3.0.6 was working perfectly
ErvSoft

Postby Spogg » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:26 am

This may well not help but I had something like this happen before and it turned out my left mouse button was failing, so stuff got moved incorrectly. I’ve found a mouse usually lasts me about 1-2 years and I get a new one as soon as I see something like this.

I don’t think a mouse fault can account for 30% loss of files though. Weird. :?
Spogg

Postby tulamide » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:41 am

Spogg wrote:This may well not help but I had something like this happen before and it turned out my left mouse button was failing, so stuff got moved incorrectly. I’ve found a mouse usually lasts me about 1-2 years and I get a new one as soon as I see something like this.

I don’t think a mouse fault can account for 30% loss of files though. Weird. :?

This is actually a six year old thread, brought back from the grave by ErvSoft.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby trogluddite » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:03 pm

ErvSoft wrote:¿ Is there a place where the file changes are saved? ¿ Any recovery file :cry: ?

In "Options -> Application" you can enable and choose a time interval for auto-saving the current work-in-progress. In the same menu there is a button to open the folder where the recovery files are stored (usually inside the current user's AppData/Roaming folder).
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby ErvSoft » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:05 am

Thank you guys very much, sorry to revive the thread hahaha
if the mouse is really strange, but in computing, almost everything is possible,

So far after the Windows 10 update I did, in addition to reinstalling all versions of Microsoft Visual C ++, FS 3.0.6 is going great, fluid like water, anyway I already made the habit of saving each 3 minutes :lol:

I had to elaborate all over again one part of a scheme, sometimes it is a funny trauma,

I made a shortcut of the recovery directory, with this I stay relieved :)
ErvSoft

Return to General