Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

ruby setViewSize and module display window

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: ruby setViewSize and module display window

Postby pshannon » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:44 pm

Yea, "self.setViewSize" works fine, it does in other languages too, this was not exactly what my project was, I was giving the smallest possible example of controlling the size at real time. The goal was to be able to change it from landscape vs portrait in properties. Technically I don't see any real world application with what I posted, I hope that makes sense? :)
pshannon

Postby tulamide » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:23 am

pshannon wrote:Yea, "self.setViewSize" works fine, it does in other languages too, this was not exactly what my project was, I was giving the smallest possible example of controlling the size at real time. The goal was to be able to change it from landscape vs portrait in properties. Technically I don't see any real world application with what I posted, I hope that makes sense? :)

Of course it does! I hope my post didn't feel like critic. It was meant as a confirmation, that this is the way to do it technically.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby pshannon » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:22 am

tulamide wrote:
pshannon wrote:Yea, "self.setViewSize" works fine, it does in other languages too, this was not exactly what my project was, I was giving the smallest possible example of controlling the size at real time. The goal was to be able to change it from landscape vs portrait in properties. Technically I don't see any real world application with what I posted, I hope that makes sense? :)

Of course it does! I hope my post didn't feel like critic. It was meant as a confirmation, that this is the way to do it technically.

Tula,

No worries at all and I didn't take it poorly/critical in any way. As always, thanks for your generous feed back. You and others makes a big difference here.

BTW Your mention of errors that slip in? Geez, I do that all the time, I sometimes hit send before proof reading because of lack of time and I have an oh crap moment. :oops:

One more thing, in the English language, the phrase "Does that makes sense?" Isn't a jab that you didn't understand, it is truly a question, did "I" make sense on what "I" was trying to convey.
pshannon

Previous

Return to General