Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Something to keep Spogg busy during self-isolation

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Something to keep Spogg busy during self-isolation

Postby k brown » Sun May 10, 2020 4:24 pm

Martin, can you point to what was changed, so I can fix my version without replacing the whole thing - when I tried transplanting the padOsc engine into another schematic it always crashed FS.

Thanks
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby martinvicanek » Sun May 10, 2020 4:45 pm

In the IFFT Wavetable Generator module at the end the correct instruction is:
movaps outR,xmm2;
(was movaps outR,xmm1;)
martinvicanek

Postby k brown » Sun May 10, 2020 4:58 pm

Terrific - What was already lush, is now even lush-ier!

https://ln.sync.com/dl/62c9b9f70/bbjdaw ... 7111110004

Link also added to initial post.
Last edited by k brown on Fri May 15, 2020 9:16 am, edited 9 times in total.
k brown

Postby pshannon » Sun May 10, 2020 9:36 pm

Excellent transformation @k brown into eye candy. I still wanted to add a partial designer for myself.
pshannon

Postby k brown » Wed May 13, 2020 10:54 am

Here's a version with a second wavetable generator that can be tuned +/- 24 semitones relative to the other. Both gens have their own own sub-octave. The two wavetables can even be Ring Modulated. Each also has it's own stereo width control. Envelopes expanded to AHDSR.

https://ln.sync.com/dl/62c9b9f70/bbjdaw ... 0751240004
k brown

Postby k brown » Mon May 18, 2020 7:39 am

And a third variation, where the second oscillator contains the waves from the Prophet VS, in a set kindly contributed by Manfred Plummer (who did the presets for Spogg's minDy S and RazorBlade).

https://ln.sync.com/dl/62c9b9f70/bbjdaw ... 1571520004

Here are the waves, which include many from the VS, that Manfred supplied in wav format and I converted to text strings for use in your wavetable projects. The folder contains the wavs and a FlowStone schematic with the banks of text strings in it.

Prophet_VS_SCWFb.fsm.zip
(120.3 KiB) Downloaded 809 times

Updated 5/24; discovered a few waves in there that were not from the VS, and few VS missing.
Last edited by k brown on Sun May 24, 2020 10:05 am, edited 6 times in total.
k brown

Postby spag030 » Mon May 18, 2020 5:12 pm

Sorry for the long post but I want to espress my wonder and I want to sincerely Thank You all for the magnificent work and making it available to everyone.

I have been a long time extimator of that Paul Nasca’s algorithm since its first implementation in Zynsubaddfx (probably even now the most powerful and flexible vsti where you can stack 8 different layer of padsynth patches but it isn’t for the faint of heart) and and I've always been looking for instruments that was implement it (I wonder also why commercial synth programmers have not implemented this algorithm anymore considering its gratuity and its potential - maybe due to the delay in the generation of wavetables - but I don't know).

if I can be helpful (I don’t know if someone before have mentioned other examples that are using padsynt oscillators besides Paul Nasca original and Rock Hardbuns Padpal2 and Padpal3) and if you are interested I can mention some more examples of best simple and free vsti using it like Rock Hardbuns’s Padiepoo, Bero’s synths (br404 and br808 very powerful but not so simple), Tunefish 3 e v4 (there is a more complete list in a Paul Nasca web page - you can look for “padsynth examples” in various search engine).
Considering all this things I think that your works are some of the most remarkable implementation of padsynth algorithm in Vsti and those instruments can be, soundwise, comparable or even better that many big commercial project and a great satisfaction to program sounds with them.

I want to thank Kevin Brown for his fantastic list of vsti emulation but also for your last work with padsynth implementation is awesone (due also to the outstanding algorithm implementation by Martin Vicanek which I thank in the same way for making all these thing possible).

Amongst your whole synth family I think that paddy2 is the best one (2 pad oscillator make it a monster synth, also the filter section is very good and ring modulation it’s a very nice addition) and not so cpu heavy considering the fatness of sound that you can achieve.

I have a small suggestion for the maybe 4th variation of the family with the modification of paddy2 to make it even more powerful and make it the definitive vsti synth: You could replace the current filter section (derived from sh101 emulation) with the filter section of your CyRinx vsti (a 2 peak filter with a lp) which is one of the best vst filters that I have ever had the opportunity to use in commercial or free vsti.

Two others small requests are relative to the usability of the synth with the possibility of showing the numerical values of the padosc parameters and to increase the lenght of the oscillator sliders in order to obtain a finer resolution. Other than that your vsti is a masterpiece.

Sorry again for the long post and sorry for my english.
Thank You all again for your work.

Cheers
spag030

Postby k brown » Tue May 19, 2020 9:26 am

Yes, Martin's module is capable of quite an array of sounds! I hope you also checked out Spogg's Padulator which takes a different road to basically the same destination, but with lots more real-time control over the waveform without interruption in the audio.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mu7ulSS84A

The point about slider resolution is well-taken; I'm making them far less sensitive, which achieves much the same result without making them longer. Are you using the large-GUI version (suffix '_large') of the plugin; that will help with slider sensitivity too.

Incorporating the CyRinx filter is an intriguing idea - would require a whole new ground-up build though. I might try making the CyRinx sans oscillators, with an external input for use as an effect with any synth.

Thanks for the kind words and suggestions.
k brown

Postby spag030 » Tue May 19, 2020 3:37 pm

Thanks Kevin for your kind reply.

Yes I have already downloaded Padulator (and I thank Spoog for the release) and I tried it and I must say that it too is fantastic especially for the possibility of setting the partials and their levels as well as for the possibility to change in real time settings and thanks for the video link which allowed me to clarify some aspects of its functionality.

I don't know if I'm bringing the forum offtopic if for convenience I reply to your post in this space.
As for the sensitivity of the Paddy2 sliders it is not a serious problem (it was just an observation) because they are perfectly functional. I tried the big version and it works better but for high resolution screens and then I went back to the normal version.

As for Paddy2 with the Cyrinx filter section it was just a dream and I would not want you to generate too much effort while a version of Cyrinx without filters as an effect is a great idea (with the same modulation possibilities to create evolving sounds) to be able to use them with paddy2 (or other VSTi).

Finally sorry again but I can ask you your opinion on the possibility of displaying the values ​​obtained by the sliders (as in padulator) and on the possibility of adding a second LFO (for Paddy 2 it is not necessary but for the Paddy_vs version in this way you could get a different PWM wave modulation of the 2nd oscillator and an LFO for the filter).

I hope to make you understand that my comments are made to have your opinion that requests that could have a real implementation (Paddy2 and your other Vsti are already as good as they are). In any case, I would like to tell you not to feel obligated in any way.

I have tried to be short ...
Thank you again.
Best Regards
spag030

Postby k brown » Wed May 20, 2020 10:40 pm

I've got the sensitivity reduced for Paddy_kb's sliders; am working on the others.

I certainly can add value readouts for the sliders, but I couldn't quite figure what value those arbitrary numbers would have, and I was reluctant to busy-up the GUI with them. I can probably to them 'discretely'.

As to an LFO for PWM, could squeeze one in, I suppose; dedicated to PWM, like the Yamaha CS-80.
Last edited by k brown on Thu May 21, 2020 2:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
k brown

PreviousNext

Return to General