Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

FlowStone 3.0.9 Beta2

For general discussion related FlowStone

FlowStone 3.0.9 Beta2

Postby MyCo » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:25 pm

Hi,

The new 3.0.9 Beta2 is available for download now. Most of the things reported in Beta1 have been fixed, we couldn't fix the bugs that we couldn't reproduce (occacional crashs, although they might be fixed by fixing other bugs, not sure).

Please report bugs in this version her, try to keep it as precise as possible, so we can reproduce it. When you have schematics, reduce them to the minimum.
Thanks!

Maik

[Moderator Note: Please do not use the Betas - they are notoriously unstable! Due to known bugs in other versions, we recommend using v3.0.6 (in particular if you use Ruby, which will leak memory in later versions).

FlowStone development is continuing; to include 64-bit support, VST3 export, and many other goodies - but this is currently only at the alpha-testing stage, with no definite release date or licensing terms announced yet. Please don't post here requesting access as an Alpha tester - this is by invitation only, and not in the hands of the forum moderators].
Last edited by trogluddite on Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Public announcement added re: FS4.
MyCo

Re: FlowStone 3.0.9 Beta2

Postby martinvicanek » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:23 am

Thats great news, MyCo! Do you have a list of the main modifications/fixes? Many thanks!
martinvicanek

Postby MyCo » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:52 am

You can find a complete list of changes on the download-version page:
http://www.dsprobotics.com/versions.html
MyCo

Postby BobF » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:20 am

connections.png
connections.png (7.89 KiB) Viewed 112597 times

Hello Gang,

Also if its not to late, connections should be made like in my drawing (sorry, excuse the poor drawing).

Instead of going from one point out to several connections, connections should go from point 1 to 2, from 2 to 3 and so on.
A shift key could be used when making connections from connections and if no shift key is pressed the connection is lifted as usual.

Hope this makes sense (its late and I am tired).

Later then, BobF.....
BobF

Postby tulamide » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:27 am

BobF wrote:
connections.png

Hello Gang,

Also if its not to late, connections should be made like in my drawing (sorry, excuse the poor drawing).

Instead of going from one point out to several connections, connections should go from point 1 to 2, from 2 to 3 and so on.
A shift key could be used when making connections from connections and if no shift key is pressed the connection is lifted as usual.

Hope this makes sense (its late and I am tired).

Later then, BobF.....

Hey Bob,

I understand where your idea comes from, but connecting from an input to another input is not very intuitive. Also, it would not represent what actually happens. Flowstone does not trigger from the blue boxes in this example, it only triggers from the green box, and it does so three times. So, the upper graphic shows what really happens, the lower one is easier handled in case of connection links, but contradicts the real thing.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby MyCo » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:25 am

I'm not a fan of that idea. You can see the main problem of it already in the second drawing. You basically chain modules, they aren't in parallel anymore like they are right now. The trigger has to go from the output to an input and then from there to the next input, and from there to the next input... and so on. What also can easily happen is that one output get indirectly connected to the same input multiple times by chains.
MyCo

Postby Nowhk » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:36 am

MyCo wrote:You can find a complete list of changes on the download-version page:
http://www.dsprobotics.com/versions.html

I think you should specify that new "int" flooring behaviour: it is very important to know. And maybe also write this on Manual (I don't see any int() specification, only rndint()). For me that's one of the most significant change/fix!

Can't wait for the final release: I'm about to finally buy it when it is out; at the moment I don't think would be smart to waste update time for a beta.
Nowhk

Postby MyCo » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:20 pm

The int functionality hasn't changed in this release, the change was in the first beta... and it's more kind of a bug fix as it didn't do what it should have been doing.
MyCo

Postby Spogg » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:58 pm

I'm VERY pleased the MIDI sustain pedal stuck note issue has been solved and I also really like the Save As 3.0.8 feature.
Presumably if my new schematic uses new features, like mouse wheel function, then I would be prevented from saving as 3.0.8?
Looking forward to the final release and many thanks.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby Nowhk » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:26 pm

MyCo wrote:The int functionality hasn't changed in this release, the change was in the first beta

True, but it could be listed as well on the Beta1 list ;)

MyCo wrote:and it's more kind of a bug fix as it didn't do what it should have been doing.

The fact is: what's the aspected behaviour of int? Always floor to below int? Making it different of rndint(), which is round above/below with "round half to even" as tie-breaking rule?

These two informations should be specified in my opinion. Learning rounding in FlowStone has make me very crazy :lol:
Nowhk

Next

Return to General