Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

FlowStone 3.0.9 Beta2

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: FlowStone 3.0.9 Beta2

Postby Walter Sommerfeld » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:19 pm

Well - after AVAST deleted in this Beta 2:
1st the Flowstone.exe
2nd my compiled exe
3rd the exesrc.dll

i had 2 make exceptions for the Folders their in... and a reinstall of course
Now i checked my 1st noted bug in beta1: Compiled EXE shrinking the Gui - it's still there... :(

Then i tried to continue on my big project by dragging a user modded Midi in prim i already used from the toolbox...
after cicking on properties (wo any connections @ this module) and trying 2 edit a value:

Crash wo Crashlog or recovery file created... :(
complete manual computer restart => same procedure :(
=> reinstalled v3.081
=> done

btw: beta1 crashed also wo Crashlog or recovery file created every now and then but mostly right before or after creating a recovery file on my system :(
Walter Sommerfeld

Postby MyCo » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:43 pm

Walter Sommerfeld wrote:i had 2 make exceptions for the Folders their in... and a reinstall of course
Now i checked my 1st noted bug in beta1: Compiled EXE shrinking the Gui - it's still there... :(

That's weird, we identified the problem and fixed it (it's working on our systems). Are you sure you've setup the path to the install folder of the beta version? When it compiles the exe with eg. 3.0.8 installfolder, then it'll use the dlls from that folder.

Walter Sommerfeld wrote:Then i tried to continue on my big project by dragging a user modded Midi in prim i already used from the toolbox...
after cicking on properties (wo any connections @ this module) and trying 2 edit a value:

Can you reproduce that crash? And if yes, does it happen when you do this on an empty schematic as well?
MyCo

Postby Tronic » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:35 am

@Myco,
there is no possibility in this release to have an buffer increase, for primitive Server and Client, at least 512 bytes?
If you try to send or receive more than 256 Byte it crash...
Tronic

Postby MyCo » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:36 am

Tronic wrote:@Myco,
there is no possibility in this release to have an buffer increase, for primitive Server and Client, at least 512 bytes?
If you try to send or receive more than 256 Byte it crash...

I've added it to the todo list. I'll have a look into it.
MyCo

Postby tulamide » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:14 pm

I just want to thank you, MyCo, for the good work you're doing. I hope Malc sees it similar. You are not afraid to communicate with us (now from the developer's point of view), which is also a great step forward. The list of fixes is impressive and I hope that this was such a good "training" for you that you can go even further and implement new features on a greater scale. Your activity gives me hope. So, once gain, thank you!
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby RJHollins » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:26 pm

Yes ! 8-)
RJHollins

Postby Walter Sommerfeld » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:32 pm

MyCo wrote:
Walter Sommerfeld wrote:i had 2 make exceptions for the Folders their in... and a reinstall of course

That's weird, we identified the problem and fixed it (it's working on our systems). Are you sure you've setup the path to the install folder of the beta version? When it compiles the exe with eg. 3.0.8 installfolder, then it'll use the dlls from that folder.

Nope - i always rename the path into \FlowStone_v3081 before install..
Fixed a problem with the dimensions of exported VST plugins not being correct

Maybe u didn't tested the exe version? btw: Focus mode same bug (see attachment)

Walter Sommerfeld wrote:Then i tried to continue on my big project by dragging a user modded Midi in prim i already used from the toolbox...

Can you reproduce that crash? And if yes, does it happen when you do this on an empty schematic as well?[/quote]

=> YUP - i added the hom file but didn't tested anything else (see attachment)

btw: my big project needs full HD screen resolution like the schem (1920 x 1080)
Attachments
Testbild_25.jpg
EXE 25%
Testbild_25.jpg (28.22 KiB) Viewed 43619 times
_beta 2 Bug.zip
(334.13 KiB) Downloaded 1493 times
Walter Sommerfeld

Postby iman » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:06 pm

Fixed the Midi to Voices component so that MIDI notes no longer get stuck when using the Sustain pedal

Unfortunately this issue still exists. With short release time (Amp Envelope) everything is fine, but with long release (2-5sec) notes gets stuck when using sustain pedal. I hope you find a workaround for it in Beta3.

A new bug :
After tweaking knobs, the mouse pointer jumps to top left corner of the screen ! while the user expects the pointer still be located on top of the tweaked knob after dragging and releasing left mouse button not somewhere else.

This issue does not show up itself in Ruby based knobs (FS).
The old basic knobs (SM) have this issue (file attached).
Everything is fine in 3.0.8 !
Attachments
knob_pointer_reset_issue.fsm
(63.93 KiB) Downloaded 1493 times
iman

Postby tulamide » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:42 pm

I would like to request a 'mouseRUpCaptured' in Ruby, doing the same as mouseLUpCaptured, but for the right mouse button.
But only if this is not a time-wasting task. Issue fixing has priority.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Rocko » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:49 pm

Just to mention - Thanks MyCo !

Much appreciated.
Rocko

PreviousNext

Return to General