Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

FlowStone 3.0.9 Beta2

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: FlowStone 3.0.9 Beta2

Postby 1ll1 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:50 pm

Hello,

I would be interested too in a solution for me because my DAW is already blacklisting vst 32 bit. I simply cannot use the things i made or at least test them in a DAW :/
I purchased FS with an upgrade plan but now I simply cannot use the vst. Help would be nice though I already contacted dsprobotics but I still wait for a reply...
1ll1

Postby trogluddite » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:21 pm

NothanUmber wrote:Sounds promising, good to see some progress! Would it be possible to make a sticky thread how to access it (or to apply for the testing group in case it is still in closed testing)? Or even better - just make it available on the download page?

The dev's at DSPr are the only ones with any control over those things - even as a moderator, I'm unable to create a sticky thread, and AFAIK no-one from DSPr checks the forum any more.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby NothanUmber » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:57 pm

trogluddite wrote:The dev's at DSPr are the only ones with any control over those things - even as a moderator, I'm unable to create a sticky thread, and AFAIK no-one from DSPr checks the forum any more.

Oh. Can you edit the first posting in this and/or the 64 bit thread perhaps?
Is the alpha usable by itself regarding stability? Have you heard any sign of life and Flowstone plans from the devs in recent months or years?
Glad to see that at least the mods still care about the forum, much appreciated!
NothanUmber

Postby trogluddite » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:09 am

NothanUmber wrote:Oh. Can you edit the first posting in this and/or the 64 bit thread perhaps?

That's a good idea - I'll give it a go in a moment (I'm not sure if there's a time limit for editing).

NothanUmber wrote:Is the alpha usable by itself regarding stability? Have you heard any sign of life and Flowstone plans from the devs in recent months or years?

I haven't played with the Alpha very much at all yet; but from the testers I've spoken to, it seems pretty much as I'd expect from an "alpha" - still various crashes to be sorted out, and some reports of CPU loads being excessive sometimes (though I can't vouch for how accurate those reports might be; some folks are just greedy!) The new feature set looks good, though - 64-bit, obviously; VST export upgraded to v3+; Ruby upgraded to v2.5; and lots of extras such as resizable/floating GUI windows and a much more comprehensive assembler. From the few schematics of my own that I've thrown at it, back-compatibility seems very good, too.

As far as time-scales for release and licensing are concerned, I have no idea (I'm hoping they stop expecting us to pay in advance for upgrades that never appear!) DSPr never have made those kind of things public knowledge, not even to alpha/beta testers, and AFAIK there's only one part-time coder working on the new version (though he is an exceptionally good coder!)

Besides that, we don't have much contact with DSPr, besides hassling them to reset the server when the forum goes down - the 'support' email account certainly isn't being checked very often!

NothanUmber wrote:Glad to see that at least the mods still care about the forum, much appreciated!

Thanks! :D We do our best to keep it ticking over, given what limited resources we're allowed access to and all the damned spam-bots!
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby NothanUmber » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:39 am

Thanks for adding the note regarding the alpha to the 64 bit thread.
Ok, that means some more patience is in order for us mere mortals :)
NothanUmber

Postby francoisreme » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:53 pm

One day this nation will rise up ...
francoisreme

Postby MichaelBenjamin » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:07 pm

Last edited by MichaelBenjamin on Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelBenjamin

Postby Spogg » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:03 am

MichaelBenjamin wrote:so will the current rent-a-buy model continue or can i upgrade my old sm version to a full 64-fs version like in the old days?

As you know, FS4 is still in alpha and is coming on amazingly well due to the excellent work being done by Maik Menz (MyCo). But we have no statement about how the commercial side will be handled when it comes to release time.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby OllieMarshall92 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:48 am

@Spogg

Any idea when it might get released, maybe in 2020? I'm having issues with the "encountered improper argument" bug when saving or save as and not sure what to do!

Ollie
OllieMarshall92

Feature suggestion

Postby BDLutes » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:37 pm

-Dark mode
-Interface Customization

I wanted to suggest these two features to help with being able to work with the software in darker environments like some people do. Also possibly being able to change the color of the elements like link lines. For instance, the yellow lines on the gray background are hard to see on laptop screens. Not a serious issue, but may help with usability. Unless it's already available, and I missed it.

Any thoughts on this?
I'm happy about the mouse wheel integration, and all the work with stability/ bug catching. Thanks!

-BL
BDLutes

PreviousNext

Return to General