Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

FlowStone 3.0.9 Beta2

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: FlowStone 3.0.9 Beta2

Postby Nubeat7 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:20 pm

tulamide wrote:I would like to request a 'mouseRUpCaptured' in Ruby, doing the same as mouseLUpCaptured, but for the right mouse button.
But only if this is not a time-wasting task. Issue fixing has priority.

+1 :!:
Nubeat7

Postby tulamide » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:34 am

Ok, I just propose this. Would be nice to see this feature changed, but as always, if it is time-consuming better hold it back for the next version:

The default grid step is a global value. It does not change per view, but for the whole schematic. Therefore I think it is wrong, or at least unconvenient, to tie it to the view class. I would prefer to have access to it via a RubyEdit method, like getViewSize, to take advantage of it in non-view-passing methods as well.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby BobF » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:18 pm

Hi gang,

I would like to see connection lines change color as you hover/click on them. This would really help trace a module with many connections.

Also it would be nice to be able to flip primitves and created modules in any direction. This to I believe could help with some layouts.

Still trying ,ha ha.

Later then, BobF.....
BobF

Postby tulamide » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:49 pm

BobF wrote:I would like to see connection lines change color as you hover/click on them. This would really help trace a module with many connections.

Hi Bob,

they already do. As soon as you hover over a line it fades to black.
tulamide

Postby BobF » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:34 pm

Hi tulamide,

YES, I know, but still woundn't you like to see a nice orange, bright blue or green, or choose a color of your own. Just thinking, crazy me!

Thanks, BobF.....
BobF

Postby Spogg » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:54 am

BobF wrote:Hi tulamide,

YES, I know, but still woundn't you like to see a nice orange, bright blue or green, or choose a color of your own. Just thinking, crazy me!

Thanks, BobF.....

YES!! ORANGE!!
Spogg

Postby tulamide » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:02 pm

I'm not sure if it belongs here, since I noticed this on 3.0.6. But there weren't any changes to it so it is present in 3.0.9 as well.

I've made a very simple demo schematic. Hover with the mouse over the module's view. In the module there's a RubyEdit connected to a mgui. The RubyEdit only contains one method: isInMousePoint. It outputs an object (here: an array) whenever the method is triggered.

You will see that for each pixel of mouse movement (which is the smallest distance that can be recognized) the method is triggered 5 times. If you select the module it is triggered 4 times. That's an unneccessary cpu load. If this method is only used to return true it might be acceptable. But, for example, I use it to differentiate between active and inactive areas, and the manual explicitly allows for exactly that. In short: the more code is to be executed the more expensive are 5 triggers in a row.

I hope I don't get on anyone's nerves with all my posts here :oops:
Attachments
trigger_isInMousePoint.fsm
(1.01 KiB) Downloaded 1513 times
tulamide

Postby adamszabo » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:00 am

Maybe the "changed" primitive helps? :mrgreen: Although the mouse clicks dont get triggered now...
Attachments
trigger_isInMousePoint_2.fsm
(1.07 KiB) Downloaded 1524 times
adamszabo

Postby tulamide » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:52 am

Thanks for your help, Adam.

Yes, there are workarounds, if you're going out to green (and I don't, this was just an example to show the number of triggers). But that doesn't solve the issue. The method is still called too many times. Just one time per mouse coordinate change would be needed.

If you now add code in the method to control if the coordinates changed, that code is executed 5 times and that's unneccessary.
tulamide

Postby Walter Sommerfeld » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:21 pm

YUP - way to much CPU use!

Now i have already 'Changed' modules on every I, F , S or array output...
Or a S&H prim where useable!
Walter Sommerfeld

PreviousNext

Return to General